Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I finally was able to take my new High Standard 1911 to the range. The high standard is distributed by Armscor. After getting all my guns set up I decided to start out with the High Standard 1911. I fired one round dead center on its mark!! :D I was like hell yeah!!! So I tried not to get to excited and pulled the trigger the second time, this time the 1911 fired 2 rounds off of one trigger pull!! :-[ I was thinking what the hell! There was still rounds in the mag so I though screw it, they where controlled and I was in a safe indoor range, I will try and cycle through what was left. I pulled the trigger to find my brand new 1911 is now a automatic .45 freak! :'( I think it has something to do with the sears spring not engaging the sear properly. I know the springs can be tweaked a little to tune things. I also replaced the original beaver tail safety with a Chip McCormick because the original was very gritty. The Chip beaver tail safety went in smoothly and seemed to function properly, so I am unsure if that could be the problem or not. Do any of you guys have any information or suggestions that I could try before I sent this thing out for repair. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Jeez, man...I wouldn't even consider fixing it myself if it's brand new. I'd send it right in for warranty repair. All it takes is one jerk technician to see the screws have been handled and say "you took it apart--we won't fix it."

Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already done a complete tear down on it, so it is possible that they could use that against me. I don't buy a pistol untill I have at least torn it down. Even then, the gun comes with a lifetime warranty, it seams like it would be covered even if it has been torn down considering someone had to clean all the crap they put in it out!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Send it in for repair.

It could be a few different things and no matter what the problem is, it is a liability for you legally.

Git r done.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the original beaver tail safety back on and am going to look into sending it out for repair. Pisses me off since it is only a couple of weeks old. :mad: I guess this stuff happens. I like the gun and have heard good things about Armscor and their service so I am confident that they will take care of it and if they don't I might just have a new sear, spring and hammer put in since I have been eying a drop in 3.5lbs. trigger kit!! After putting the stock safety back on and getting a second look at the spring, I am positive it is bent out of wack. The center tine bends in towards the mag well at it's base and then curves back towards the beavertail safety at the top. I believe this is supposed to be a arc and not s shaped. I wonder if Armscor will just ship me a new spring?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Congrats on the full auto 1911. Sure we understand you didn't mean it. But when I get my 1911 im sending it to you for a "cleaning". Dont worry ill pay for it. :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was telling a friend of mine if I need it in a self defense situation, I will aim for the crotch and saw them in half!!! :D Of course if my aim is off and I miss, I am pretty much screwed. Maybe I could find a way to chain feed it!!!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, today I had to say good bye to the High Standard 1911 as I packed it away in it's new cardboard coffin. Off to Armscor in Nevada it goes for a rework. After reading about primal seals 995 getting lost, I opted for $500 worth of insurance just in case. I wonder if I will get a free mag like I did with my Hi-point?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.