Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I finally was able to take my new High Standard 1911 to the range. The high standard is distributed by Armscor. After getting all my guns set up I decided to start out with the High Standard 1911. I fired one round dead center on its mark!! :D I was like hell yeah!!! So I tried not to get to excited and pulled the trigger the second time, this time the 1911 fired 2 rounds off of one trigger pull!! :-[ I was thinking what the hell! There was still rounds in the mag so I though screw it, they where controlled and I was in a safe indoor range, I will try and cycle through what was left. I pulled the trigger to find my brand new 1911 is now a automatic .45 freak! :'( I think it has something to do with the sears spring not engaging the sear properly. I know the springs can be tweaked a little to tune things. I also replaced the original beaver tail safety with a Chip McCormick because the original was very gritty. The Chip beaver tail safety went in smoothly and seemed to function properly, so I am unsure if that could be the problem or not. Do any of you guys have any information or suggestions that I could try before I sent this thing out for repair. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

· Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already done a complete tear down on it, so it is possible that they could use that against me. I don't buy a pistol untill I have at least torn it down. Even then, the gun comes with a lifetime warranty, it seams like it would be covered even if it has been torn down considering someone had to clean all the crap they put in it out!!!

· Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the original beaver tail safety back on and am going to look into sending it out for repair. Pisses me off since it is only a couple of weeks old. :mad: I guess this stuff happens. I like the gun and have heard good things about Armscor and their service so I am confident that they will take care of it and if they don't I might just have a new sear, spring and hammer put in since I have been eying a drop in 3.5lbs. trigger kit!! After putting the stock safety back on and getting a second look at the spring, I am positive it is bent out of wack. The center tine bends in towards the mag well at it's base and then curves back towards the beavertail safety at the top. I believe this is supposed to be a arc and not s shaped. I wonder if Armscor will just ship me a new spring?

· Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was telling a friend of mine if I need it in a self defense situation, I will aim for the crotch and saw them in half!!! :D Of course if my aim is off and I miss, I am pretty much screwed. Maybe I could find a way to chain feed it!!!

· Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, today I had to say good bye to the High Standard 1911 as I packed it away in it's new cardboard coffin. Off to Armscor in Nevada it goes for a rework. After reading about primal seals 995 getting lost, I opted for $500 worth of insurance just in case. I wonder if I will get a free mag like I did with my Hi-point?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.