Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my ignorance on the issue, I have never owned a Hi Point but will be in the market for one soon.

Ok, so I have read many times that it is possible to modify 1911 mags to be used in a JHP and is possible, but probably ill advised, to modify the JHP to take unmodified 1911 mags. My question is this; Is it possible to use 1911 mags in a .40 cal JCP? The magazine would obviously have to be modified if you started with a standard .45 1911 magazine, but with minor modification, could one use a 1911 mag in a JCP?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I wondered this myself after reading about the 45s using them, and add in the mag nose diving issues in the stock HP mags, might be worth a try.
Never tried it myself, just played with the HP mags i have.

·
Premium Supporter
1,485 Posts
Factory JCP mags can be made to behave (no nosediving) pretty simply. Load the mag and let sit for a couple of weeks. Scrub out the inside of the mag with fine steel wool then clean. Worked on mine.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Browning 9 Guy said:
Factory JCP mags can be made to behave (no nosediving) pretty simply. Load the mag and let sit for a couple of weeks. Scrub out the inside of the mag with fine steel wool then clean. Worked on mine.
Tried that. It was mostly the lips, then clipped the spring, then polished the feed ramp. Ran a full mag of HPs without a jam, which did not happen before modification.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Tried that. It was mostly the lips, then clipped the spring, then polished the feed ramp. Ran a full mag of HPs without a jam, which did not happen before modification.
I still say HP ran a wicked bad batch of mag frames and springs because there for a couple of months people just couldn't get the .40 mags to run worth a damn and you and I both picked up mags during that same time frame and clipping the springs made them run smoother.

EDIT: What I need is DRA to bring up his JHP up here so I can get a look at his magazines and get some measurements. I bet I can figure out a way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.