1911 on a budget

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ex_isp, Apr 10, 2015.

1. I've seen several mentions of folks that would like a 1911 but can't pay premiums for them. This may interest you.

For those interested in 1911s at a good price, I have an IAC/Tisas 1911. Fully series 70.
    I've had mine for 3 years now and it has been exceptional. $369 NIB!!!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/IAC-1911-A1-45ACP-PISTOL.cfm?gun_id=100489207

From day one it has always shot right to POA. I keep it heavily greased and shoot it a lot.
    The ONLY ammo issues I've had were when I let my handloads run just a tad long. If I keep them tight at the 1.200 COL, it's flawless!

$369 NIB. Do some reading on it and I think if you're looking for a 1911 deal, this one will fill the bill nicely!

2. BTW, I've seen this ad come and go as the dealer sells them out then gets another pallet of them.

Just FYI

3. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Ex, if you can find one, the Llama Max 1 is excellent as a low cost 1911. I've owned one since 2002 and have nothing but great performance. Gunbroker usually has a few Max 1's posted.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    We've had RIA GI 1911s locally for $349
    Rock Island is highly respected, also.
    That Tisas looks to be a nice piece!

5. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Had my Tisas 1911 out today. Ran 12 mags of reloads through it without a single hiccup. In fact, I don't recall ever having a single issue.

I've got a RIA 1911 also. Same deal, no issues ever.

6. Back2School

Back2School Member

Thinking of picking up a RIA as well. Does the Tisas offer anything over the RIA?

7. As far as I've seen, price. Back2School and undeRGRound have a source... Don't own an RIA but check them out!
    I have never heard a complaint against them!

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    We have a local farm store, Rural King that runs the RIA on special at that price.
    I have an LGS that can likely get darn close to that but would have to order it.
    Maybe even match the price, not sure. PM me if you want a link... :D