Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think hi-point should make a 1911 style frame. i mean keep the polymer but make it into a 1911 style. it would be a nice gun. i want a 1911 but i cant afford it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It would be really nice if they let us use 1911 magazines also.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Strangerous-LOL

There are plenty of inexpensive 1911 clones out there. They will never be as cheap as Hi-Points due to their complexity and need for parts to be fitted. If you are really hard up and can't find an Armscor, RIA, Norinco, pre-built parts gun, etc. Build your own. Frames start well under $150--parts kits are about $50, slide and barrel assemblies aren't hard to find for around $200

Save up and buy it a bit at a time. Spend the wait reading up on how to fit the parts (assembly without fitting and getting a safe pistol is pretty much a myth--I'm sure it happens but I'll not count on it)

I've built 1911s and it's cool to go shooting with a pistol you put together yourself from parts.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Strangerous, that's hilarious!!! Wow dude, I woke up my roommate I laughed so loud.

As NDS stated, there are PLENTY of 1911 clones out there, just check your local gun shop/pawn shop. You might get lucky and find a great gun for real cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.