1943 Izzy Mosin M38

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Krippp, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

realized i never posted the pics of my M38 so here it is

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ari

Ari Guest

I like it...

3. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

4. Ohhh thats nice.

The stock on my M38 is nice but its a M44 stock. I wish I could find a nice one like that to put on it.

Really nice rifle there.

5. I still have the oil can, sling and accessories for my M44 and M38 in the bag they came in, still coated in Cosmoline... Nice M38 dude. I like the furniture on that gun. It's much better than what I have on all 3 of my Mosins.

6. Dude, that's the nicest M-38 I've ever seen!! :shock: I must have looked at 20 of them at least. The stock itself looks to be almost museum quality. How's the rest of it?? Don't tell me you got THAT one on sale for 89.00!!! If you did,it's a steal.

7. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

how can anyone NOT want a million of these rifles.. they are so beautiful!

8. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

this is the condition that i brought the gun home in. they had 4 more in the store and this one just stood out. not to mention the fact that the sling has the red army stamp on it, the tools and oil bottle all carry the same factory mark as the rifle and all numbers on the gun match, just as if it never was arsenal refinished. and no, i didn't get it for $89. it was actually 109.99 with 100 rnds. of the ammo you see pictured which is czech. 148 gr. surplus steel core from 1964. let me repeat, no cleaning has been done to this one yet.

9. Oh my God! That is a sweetheart! Don't be afraid to post more of this one. Great find and an awesome price!