Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 1955 Russian SKS in very good condition on Layaway at the local pawn shop... it is very clean and appears to not have been shot since it was rearsenaled in Russia ...still has cosmo everywhere!

He was asking 300.00 but I got him down to 270.00 if I payed half up front in cash..... :wink: I knew there was a reason I cashed that rebate check instead of depositing it :lol:

I also picked up 300 rounds of blazer aluminum for 9.50 a box of 50 which is slightly under the cost at Wally World for WWB

I will be picking it up tomorrow when I get payed:!:

Toes for the old timers :wink:

·
Registered
285 Posts
woo-hoo! welcome to the club
-wait, is there one of those? :whistle:
Anyway, great find!
<don't forget to keep the Gunny at bay>

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will most likely leave it alone and if I want to mod one get a Norinco...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as oneofsix said earlier, "welcome to the club". i have a 1952 tula russian and a few other sks's and there is no way i'd ever touch the russian to mod it.
I feel that the Russian SKS is way too nice and more likely to increase in value if it is left alone than a Norinco or Yugo ... not that I don't like them too...you can never have too many MilSerps :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Leave that rifle alone! Please!!!! Modding it will only ruin it.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leave that rifle alone! Please!!!! Modding it will only ruin it.
:lol: Never fear I am going to clean it up and shoot it no frills or frappery :wink: I think it will make a nice SHTF firearm just as it is!

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
If you want to bubba one, get a new Norinco SKS and have fun. Those old russkies have historical value behind them

Congrats on a nice find.

I have a 57 model Chinese SkS in unmodded condition, 56 was the first year they started making them.

Not as glamorous as the Russinan ones, but still a nice weapon.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If you want to bubba one, get a new Norinco SKS and have fun. Those old russkies have historical value behind them
truth, and you already picked it up for a couple hundo less than I have seen them going for up here in the north east.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I must say this gun is accurate! I also was reading on the SKS board and they said if it has a 1 on the front site it was deemed exstreamly accurate by the arsenal when they test fired it! I checked and there is a one stamped in twoi places on the front site! Now who knows what their criteria was a Tula but it is accurate!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.