Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FTF only, obviously.
Evansville, IN.

Runs pretty good, needs some work to be better.
350 turbo automatic trans.
350 V8 engine.
Disc brakes.
AC/Heat.
Sunroof (that doesn't leak).
Cruise control.
Pretty darn solid when you crawl under it, would be a great one for someone wanting to restore.

I'm asking $2,200

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Still FS?

When you say ready to restore, what does it need?

If its still for sale, pics of interior and everything please?
Neet truck, but if I ever get another project truck it is going to be an inline six. I am tired of busting my knuckles!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still FS?

When you say ready to restore, what does it need?

If its still for sale, pics of interior and everything please?
Thanks for the interest. I'll get you the info you're wanting soon (after this weekend), I've got a lot going on right now. Take care.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man, I've been going crazy all week with diferent stuff- I haven't forgotten about you I just haven't had time to take more pictures of the truck and get a better description put together.
I'm going to be working at least 12-14 hour days till Sunday then Monday morning me and my wife are headed to florida for a week. Long story short I won't be able to get back with you until we get back from that.

I'm really sorry, I know how tacky that is.
Thanks!
-Travis

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Thats fine, I'd have to start saving for a few months to get 2k up, right now im looking at financing a car through a buy here pay here lot.
Buy from an individual dude, buy here pay here = $6000 for a $2000 car, every time.
From brother in arms to brother in arms, please do not allow yourself to be sodomized like that.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The pic posted makes it seem like it's in better shape than the one I have..dual headlights on that one..never seen that on the 5 or 6 i've owned, or the one I have now. I would not take less than 2K for mine though either. Something about an ole' truck ya gotta love.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey buddy, I haven't forgotten you. It isn't parked at my place so that is why I haven't been able to get you better pics. COMING SOON (i hope)
I'm very very sorry for the delays.

I believe the dual headlights are because the grill is actually a GMC grill on a chevy truck. Thats how it came I've done a little bit of work to it- put in a tranny and stuff, but for the most part this is the way it came.
I bought it hoping I'd have the time to restore it but it doesn't look like that will happen. And I hate it sitting in the weather deteriorating so I'm selling.

Anyway! I'll get you a folder of pics soon. I'm officially bumping it up my priority list!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ike its getting embarrassing that I haven't gotten this together yet.
Works been crazy and then when I'm not working I forget about it. sorry. SOON. I'll try to find a day when its not raining this weekend and snap a bunch of pics.
Again, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It has surface rust through out, so work would need to be done to that. Its not rusted through anywhere that I noticed.
The brake cylinder is busted, but I'm going to get that repaired before I sell it. The engine needs a "tune up" (still runs pretty good though) and it has an exhaust leak.
The interior needs no work.

I'll get more details when I get the pictures.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
engine bogs a little and you have to feather a little into the throttle. After its been running and warmed up it does a lot better. and drinks quite a bit of fuel.
Surface rust isn't very bad. Just sanding and paint work needs to be done but some of the spots have a little size to them.
By "not bad" I'm comparing it to most other chevy's this year ... which are usually much more rusty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.