1st day at the range after replacing .40 mag springs

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by Patriot1, May 17, 2020.

1. Patriot1

Patriot1 The defense of freedom is never free... Member

I had a lot of problems with feeding issues from my original mag springs. After seeing a video about Glock 43 + 15 springs that will work with Hi-Point mags, I bought some for my pistol and carbine. Here's my updated review on the springs from Ghost Inc:

"I had a chance to get back to the range this last weekend, and wanted to get this update in. After leaving my mags loaded with 8 rounds for a number of weeks, the springs had adjusted enough to allow me to load the mags to their full 10 round capacity. I left the mags that way for at least 4 weeks, and when I went to the range this last weekend, my mags worked flawlessly with no jams!
    I recommend these springs to every owner of a Hi-Point .40 cal pistol, and the carbine as well. Thank you for a great product that solved my feeding issues."

I'm a happy camper now that I can depend on my pistol to be reliable in case I need it to defend myself or a loved one!

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Huh. I’ve got a pile of OEM 40 mags with OEM springs, that never gave me any trouble.
    Glad I didn’t have to spend any money on that.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Curious question. Did you do anything like this with the OEM springs before getting fed up and following youtube advice?

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

No offense Patriot but we could probably have saved you time and money and aggravation.
    YouTube should be your last resort.
    Belated welcome.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.