1st time shooter, 995ts was awesome

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Troy67, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Troy67

Troy67 Member

Hi all. New to the forums. Except for shooting a pistol like 15 years ago, I have zero firearms experience.
    My 995ts carbine was delivered yesterday and took it to the range today. I put 70 rounds through it and love it. Shot from 50 feet and all of my rounds landed in the x and 10 ring. Never had to adjust anything.
    Quieter than most of the other guns at the range and didn't notice any recoil at all.
    Going to take it to another range next week that allows up to 100 yards to try to get a better feel for it.
    I can say I love it and kind of like the smell of the gunpowder and the noise. Lol

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome: Troy!

Glad you like the carbine, they also make it in 40 S&W and 45 ACP!!! :D

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Troy, how is Helen doing. :) The carbines are a blast to shoot, but keep in mind they are pistol caliber. You will be able to get minute of man at 100. If you like shooting I would recommend getting a good AR or AK variant next. Preferably before the primaries. Get extra mags for all and get ammo, lots and lots of ammo. Ask the mole about ammo. :)

4. Enjoy the 995, shooting times and welcome to hp/forum..
    I have the 4595tsfg... Love-it.. Still in layaway tho..

5. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Glad you like your new carbine. I hope to be getting one myself soon but in .40

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.
    Lot of knowledge here, all you need to do is ask.

7. TommyDingo

TommyDingo Member

Welcome aboard. I love my 995ts. A word of warning tho, they are hungry. Round after round, box after box, the hunger for ammo is almost insatiable! :D

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

I'll burst your bubble. In the end you're going to be terribly disappointed, as it is only going to continue to shoot well for a long time. Sorry, someone had to be honest with you.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:DINGO!!!

:rofl: