Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally shot my c9 ... went to local gun range and as soon as i show him my c9 he bashes on it saying that hipoint are cheap and that he had seen 3 blowup and wont dare shoot em and to top it off he puts me as far away as any shooter just becuase my gun is a hipoint and didnt want me hurting no one..( r u serious :mad:) but on the good side i shot 100 rounds and 1 jam. but thats for break in period. i shot blazer brass and brown bear steel case. but all i can say is i love my c9 regardeless...my older bro who owns a 45 xd was very impressed with it and didnt care what that guy said, either do i.

hi point rocks!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Most people who hate them are just pee'd off a lower priced weapon shoots as good, or better, than their high dollar weapon. My brand new XDm had 1 FTE at a recent gathering were as the 3 HP's I took worked flawless. (I still love my XDm)
Glad ya like your HP and I agree..Hi-Points rock.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah at our recent Ohio meet my Ruger P95 had a failure to feed and non of my Hi Points failed. Still love the Ruger. But any semi auto weapon is going to fail sometime.

·
Registered
48 Posts
next time, just act serious, because that is a serious issue (gun blowing up). But I'd be sure to ask him, why he hasn't set up his camcorder to catch this event. I mean, since it's a somewhat regular occuring event. At least have a camcorder always handy for the immediate aftermath, because after all Mr. gun range guy, that is an extremely serious issue, and by getting proof of this could quite possibly save a life!

He's full of brown stinky stuff. If he operates a gun range, and has witnessed this 3 times from the same make. He wouldn't allow them. period. He's just a f$%#ing jerk trying to make you feel inferior. Separating you like that. what a piece of work that guy is. He just didn't want people to see the 1 hole you make with your Hi Point.:)

"I've seen 3 of those cheap things blow up"...yeah...okay. That's just like when Glock came out, and started to make a name for itself. Remember the tale?.."Those plastic things are blowing up in people hands!" Never could trace one single blown up gun incident to a Glock. And I'd say that Glock has had ample opportunity for incidents being it's the most widely used side-arm. So after proof of reliabilty over the past couple decades, being in armed forces and services worldwide, they've really just, not too long ago, come to be accepted by the "Plastic piece of crap Glock haters". but, there'll always be the haters.

Inexpensive guns that perform, er, out-perform high priced, ammo picky firearms with classic names will be hated on. New brands with completely new innovative engineering that serves it's purpose but doesn't go well with some folks' pocket watches,(Glock) will be hated on.
uck the haters.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
next time, just act serious, because that is a serious issue (gun blowing up). But I'd be sure to ask him, why he hasn't set up his camcorder to catch this event. I mean, since it's a somewhat regular occuring event. At least have a camcorder always handy for the immediate aftermath, because after all Mr. gun range guy, that is an extremely serious issue, and by getting proof of this could quite possibly save a life!

He's full of brown stinky stuff. If he operates a gun range, and has witnessed this 3 times from the same make. He wouldn't allow them. period. He's just a f$%#ing jerk trying to make you feel inferior. Separating you like that. what a piece of work that guy is. He just didn't want people to see the 1 hole you make with your Hi Point.:)

"I've seen 3 of those cheap things blow up"...yeah...okay. That's just like when Glock came out, and started to make a name for itself. Remember the tale?.."Those plastic things are blowing up in people hands!" Never could trace one single blown up gun incident to a Glock. And I'd say that Glock has had ample opportunity for incidents being it's the most widely used side-arm. So after proof of reliabilty over the past couple decades, being in armed forces and services worldwide, they've really just, not too long ago, come to be accepted by the "Plastic piece of crap Glock haters". but, there'll always be the haters.

Inexpensive guns that perform, er, out-perform high priced, ammo picky firearms with classic names will be hated on. New brands with completely new innovative engineering that serves it's purpose but doesn't go well with some folks' pocket watches,(Glock) will be hated on.
uck the haters.
...my bro told him he had the xd and he was like yeah now thats a gun. i was really mad. but you said it right =D

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I like it when they make me shoot in the corner by myself. It's quieter and less brass hitting me on the head and chest.

I suppose there's a remote chance that in all his time at the range he might have seen three break a slide. I wonder how many Glocks or S&W's he's seen bite the dust.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
three booms huh...me calls BS! I love my hi-points. My carbines never have issues, my c-9's well that another story but the way i look at it they have all come from pawn shops and have all been abused and mistreated. I don't have to many issues with one of em the other needs to go in for some updating. Either way i still love em. I have found other weapons that fit the bill better for CC though at least until i can find a holster for my 995 :devilsidesmile: Anyways ignore the a-hole or better yet challenge him to a shoot-off just make sure to record it for us. as for the standing in the corner by yourself WTF?? I mean really? come on.. what a fool..lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
...my bro told him he had the xd and he was like yeah now thats a gun. i was really mad. but you said it right =D
I'm sure it did irritate the hell out of you. It would chap my ass to have some punk, obviously raised with no manners, come at me with some bs like that. But don't let it bother you one bit. Like I said, let it roll off your shoulder. Don't let it him get to you one bit. That is his ultimate goal with Hi Pointeers<--lol. The best thing to do is act very interested, as if you buy into his bs. And return his insults, and "separating you for safety" with, "yeah, sure...of course. Not a problem at all. You really should get this on video, or at least aftermath pics." Than be sure to add, "because this is an extremely serious issue." Don't forget to ask him who it was that this happened to, and when. You'll know right then if he's bullshytt'n because by his answer and how he answers. This would be something I'm sure he must log, so he should have the people's names, and info (time, date, contact, etc...)
I just love to call people out. I can't stand a lie. Or someone that passes bs from someone they heard that happened to someone's friend's friend of a friend.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ya know, as previously stated you are going to have a failure from any weapon some time. It is almost an inevitable fact. Ill give you a list of fire arms I have fired in the last 10 years and whitch ones I have had a failure from. Browning M2HB .50 / a few due to headspace and timing, none random. M60 7.62X51 / never. M79 40mm thump gun / 2 failures (grenade issues). 25mm Chaingun / LOADS (i really hated working on the 25mm. Mk19 40mm grenade chain gun / never. M14 (not the m1a) / a few (when the gas valve wasnt set right). Mossburg 500 / never. M4 carbine / more than I care to admit. H&K MP5 / never. Beretta M9 / a few (they were pretty beat up). Also an assortment of civilian model pistols and rifles and had at least 1 issue out of most of them. I have had less trouble out of my HP than most of anything else! Just face the fact that you are going to have some failure out of almost ANYTHING you shoot. As far as a HP exploding..... I highly doubt it. Make no mistake, with the "rep" our firearms have it would be everywhere! To hell with the crap talkers, I love my HP!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ya know, as previously stated you are going to have a failure from any weapon some time. It is almost an inevitable fact. Ill give you a list of fire arms I have fired in the last 10 years and whitch ones I have had a failure from. Browning M2HB .50 / a few due to headspace and timing, none random. M60 7.62X51 / never. M79 40mm thump gun / 2 failures (grenade issues). 25mm Chaingun / LOADS (i really hated working on the 25mm. Mk19 40mm grenade chain gun / never. M14 (not the m1a) / a few (when the gas valve wasnt set right). Mossburg 500 / never. M4 carbine / more than I care to admit. H&K MP5 / never. Beretta M9 / a few (they were pretty beat up). Also an assortment of civilian model pistols and rifles and had at least 1 issue out of most of them. I have had less trouble out of my HP than most of anything else! Just face the fact that you are going to have some failure out of almost ANYTHING you shoot. As far as a HP exploding..... I highly doubt it. Make no mistake, with the "rep" our firearms have it would be everywhere! To hell with the crap talkers, I love my HP!
exactly. If there was an HP explosion, it would be all over youtube. Being how easy it is to get footage and photos on the spot now-days...yeah. We'd know about it.

Like the dude showing the end of the slide busted. How would that happen? You have forged barrel extending past that point. I'd believe that if the barrel was banana peeled. A gun explodes at the chamber.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like it when they make me shoot in the corner by myself. It's quieter and less brass hitting me on the head and chest.

I suppose there's a remote chance that in all his time at the range he might have seen three break a slide. I wonder how many Glocks or S&W's he's seen bite the dust.
I'm with you - I'd love to be sent to the end of the firing line by myself. From now on I may just bring a Hi-Point and claim I'm shooting it whether I am or not.

Maybe it's an age thing, but I really don't care what others think of my firearms, good or bad.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
If my JCP was SUCH a piece of crap I would've sold it by now and never bought my 995...I simply love both!

My JCP ROUTINELY outshoots Colt 1911's and H&K's, my groups are much tigher and much less failures.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

uck the haters.
That's when you say "Gee, that sure is a nice gun...all I got is this C9 9mm."

".... and this HP .45"

"... and this 995"

".... and a bunch of this ammo stuff"

".... And to think, I could've just spent the money from all of this on that ONE gun! What a fool I was!"

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Anyone tells me Hi points explode I say YUP every time I squeeze the trigger the round explodes and the bullet goes right out the barrel very............ very.............. very....................................... FAST!!!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm amazed that High-Point can manage to stay in business in today's sue happy society much less prosper. Making and selling inexpensive firearms with a slim profit margin that explode with amazing regularity. These explosions must certainly be causing injuries? Where are the individual or class action lawsuits? Why is the media ignoring this problem? Where are the pictures of the mangled shooters? Maybe that is why they don't advertise? They are spending all their money on lawsuits?

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol...no kidding man. I don't know how they make it. They're amazing to be able to keep it so tight lipped that not one instance is formally reported. Just "A guy told a friend of mine blah blah..." is as close as you can get. It's odd that Hi Point has so many folks in their pocket and so many haters at the same time.
pffft...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone tells me Hi points explode I say YUP every time I squeeze the trigger the round explodes and the bullet goes right out the barrel very............ very.............. very....................................... FAST!!!
haha might use that one next time i go :devilsidesmile:
i plan to keep going there with my hi point =p

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
I've been having to deal with some serious hi-point bashing on another forum I go to lately. It started with somebody asking about jennings, and then it moves onto HP bashing. Then another thread involving a sigma malfunctioning and once again it moves into the "it's a cheap gun, you get what you pay for, at least it's not a hi-point"

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm amazed that High-Point can manage to stay in business in today's sue happy society much less prosper. Making and selling inexpensive firearms with a slim profit margin that explode with amazing regularity. These explosions must certainly be causing injuries? Where are the individual or class action lawsuits? Why is the media ignoring this problem? Where are the pictures of the mangled shooters? Maybe that is why they don't advertise? They are spending all their money on lawsuits?
Somebody notify Eric Holder - quick!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts