1st trip to range

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by jwright, Aug 16, 2015.

1. jwright

jwright Member

Just got my range access card so the wife and I went to the range for the 1st time together. I was suprised she wanted to even go but when she asked to try I almost fell over lol. She wasn't to thrilled shooting the C9 but liked the marlin 22 she was even hitting the targets at 50 yards. I shot about 75 rounds with no ftf or fte the wife gad one ftf but she was very limp wristed so suprised it wasn't more. We had a great time and hopefully she will want to go again

[​IMG]

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

That is great, I have trouble getting my wife to go to the range with me.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

Smart man, getting her started on something soft. Marlin's a great gun and they don't get much softer then the C9. Really surprised when my wife wanted to start, but she watches the news and listens to Rush. If Obummer did anything good, it was getting her to the range. Enjoy, man.

4. jwright

jwright Member

Yeah i think she actually enjoyed it. I forgot to mention that i tried the aluminum cased rounds from walmart to see how they worked and had no problems.

5. histed

histed Supporting Member

FWIW - I even pick them up at the range. 5 gallon bucket full gets me money for primers or powder or whatever. Heard rumors that they'll screw up your gun, but I heard the same thing about steel cases. 'Nother case of "I know a guy who knows a guy who has a cousin who..." me thinks

6. jwright

jwright Member

There is so much brass at the range i could spend a couple hours just picking it up. But i will pick up a bunch each time i go.I didnt see much aluminum jackets though

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I can't get my wife to go either. But my daughter went with me today. She shot the heck out of her Walther P22. We were shooting the WWW bulk hp's and the Walther doesn't really like them. My daughter was clearing jams and misfires like a pro. We went to the gun show before that and she had a blast there too.

Attached Files:

8. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I reload the aluminum (Speer) cases. It'll work. You'll wind up splitting the case after the first reload...but who cares...Range Fodder

9. jwright

jwright Member

That's awesome!! She will remember this time with her dad forever

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The P22 was what I used to introduce my wife to handguns. Because semi-auto .22s typically have a malfunction or three during any trip to the range, it was a particularly useful tool for letting her practice remedying stoppages.

The P22 is a fun little pistol!

11. The only ammo to never be problematic in a P22 is Mini-Mags.

Between my daughter and I, we have 5800 flawless rounds through her P22(late 2011). Nothing else I have tried got more than 3 or 4 rounds before failure. I have heard the newer P22Q are less finicky.

My full size M&P22 though, eats everything.

12. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Went to the range this morning to shoot three different handguns, but the wife wanted to just sit in the car this time...sigh. Oh well, at least she did some shooting the last time I went. Keep working OP, she will go if it is fun.