2 New 10rnd Mags, C9...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Kevin84, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

So I picked up 2 new 10rnd mags for the C9. Noticed they did some adjustments to the feed lips on them. hm. Anyway, they like to jam on the 9th and 10th shots. Not always, but a lot of the time. Adjusted the lips to see if that'd help, but was curious if anyone else had the same prob. first 8 shots were always perfect, it was the 9th or 10th one that'd usually jam (not always)

Edit: Noticed that the last 2 rounds would nose-up with just the slightest amount of pressure while in the mag. Modded the feed lips to correct that as best I could (still does it slightly, but hand cycles 10 fine now.) Problem now is...the first 2 are a bit "stiff" coming out of the mag, even after smoothing the edges. Guess I'll let the springs break in more and see what happens.

2. You can also just leave it loaded up with 10 rounds and leave it sit for 2 weeks so it loosens the spring some. Lots of us have done that and it works well to break the springs in a bit faster.

3. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

That's like telling a heroin addict to let it sit for 2 weeks. I wanna shoot this weekend...and those clips are included in that. :)

4. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

Found the problem. Had to change my grip to compensate for the longer clip. Was bumping the clip during the slide cycle causing the jams. They also needed some slight lip adjustment, but the main problem was my hand bumping the clip. Feel like an idiot now, but I've never had a clip that extended out so far and actually moved to the point of making the gun jam.

5. can you elaborate more of how it causing the jam? i just order a hp 9mm, and going to buy the 10 rounds mag tomorrow. ps, in CA we need 10 days cool down time when buying a gun. >.<...

6. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

With the 8 round clips I was resting my left hand on the front lip of the bottom of the clip. Doing that with the 10 round clips pushed the clip back to the point that when the bullet was stripped from the clip by the slide, it'd go nose-first into the feed ramp, no matter what kind of bullet I was firing.

7. copy that, thanks.

8. never thought of that.I'll bet kevin 84 isn't the only one of us to do that