·
Premium Member
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Merle

·
Premium Member
35,817 Posts
From the article, Casado and Durham were the first two through the door, and are now deceased.

"Casado has faced charges such as attempting to flee and elude an officer, driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and resisting an officer without violence, according to Pasco County jail records.

Durham has faced charges of auto burglary, misdemeanor battery, resisting an officer without violence, trespassing and numerous charges of violating his probation, records show."

So, based on past episodes like this...I'm sure the family will be posting social media about how they were good boys, never hurt anyone, had a great future, and how guns are evil.

The third kid, 19 years old, will be facing murder charges, as he was involved in a crime that resulted in deaths. He was just along for the ride, of course...didn't really want to do it. Of course. Not saying I don't believe him, but....choices, man. Bad choices have a cost, and this one is a doozy.

·
Premium Member
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why I have a 33rd mag ready next to the bed inserted in a whoopty doodle carbine.

Reactions: Brian A McCullor

·
Premium Member
9,315 Posts
I just hope it is not another excuse to continue rioting.

‘Good for the "victim". Justice was served.

Reactions: Merle

·
Premium Member
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where's your BUG? Even the perfect Glock jammed.
P89DC on the night stand with 15 in the mag, 1 in the pipe next to a 1200lm light set on strobe.

However frequently it's my G45 with 17+1 with the night sights.

Reactions: Rerun and ajole

·
Premium Member
9,315 Posts
SWMBO and I were just talking about this. I commented that they were breaking in to steal his guns. SWMBO said, "we’ll, at least they got his bullets".

God I love that woman!

·
Premium Member
21,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His Glock jammed? Gaston sez it's fake news.
I have 2 19's. One has been flawless and is a frequent carry. The other will be getting a real steel Lone Wolf extractor if it ever gets here from MidwayUSA with their stupid UPS/USPS shipping :(

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
The article said he went for his Kriss Vector 10mm carbine, but it failed to fire. I have heard that those aren't reliable.

As for the Glock, out of several thousand rounds through the ones I have, I can only remember a single failure, and I have no idea what caused it. The round did something weird inside the magazine. Granted, I had been dropping and reloading those magazines during a USPSA match, that day, so maybe some of that Hawaiian volcanic soil made the follower act up. It's a mystery to this day.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Correction, he did not fire his Kris Vector.
They knew him and he was targeted for being a jackass flaunting his guns on social media.
Good way to get noticed.
The two probably don’t qualify for Darwin awards.
Let’s go rob the guy with all the guns.
Yeah brilliant idea Einstein.

Reactions: Brian A McCullor

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Correction, he did not fire his Kris Vector.
They knew him and he was targeted for being a jackass flaunting his guns on social media.
Good way to get noticed.
The two probably don't qualify for Darwin awards.
Let's go rob the guy with all the guns.
Yeah brilliant idea Einstein.
Kind of like the guys who try to rob gun stores...

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Bad guys can travel in groups which is why I like standard capacity twenty to thirty round magazines. The .40 Smith & Wesson carbine that sits next to my bed typically has nineteen to twenty-four rounds in it.

Ajole and I shot it yesterday and we were getting hits at up to about twenty-five yards with it. That is a lot further than almost all home defense situations.

Reactions: Rerun and Think1st

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Bad guys can travel in groups which is why I like standard capacity twenty to thirty round magazines. The .40 Smith & Wesson carbine that sits next to my bed typically has nineteen to twenty-four rounds in it.

Ajole and I shot it yesterday and we were getting hits at up to about twenty-five yards with it. That is a lot further than almost all home defense situations.
Some people focus their practice on torso-sized targets at seven yards and less. If you run your drills on 10" plates at 25 yards, those seven-yard torso-sized targets become pretty effortless to hit. Definitely keep doing the 25yd work.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
With my pistol I usually practice at 5 to 9 yards on an 8.5 x 11 inch target. I also shoot the same size targets with my long guns from about 7 to 100 yards depending on the long gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts