Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures and video montage are from Today's show (Sunday 8-9-09) at the Vienna Air Reserve Base located in Vienna, OH (Youngstown). Enjoy, let me know what you think of my amateur video editing skills 8)

C-17

A-10s

[

C-130

C-130 Tail

Not sure - F-something (F-14?)

Thunderbirds on tarmac

Mini recon robot

F-16

C-5 Galaxy

Other stuff

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Not sure - F-something (F-14?)
That would be a T-38, basically a fast training jet.

A lot of good pics you got there.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
It's hard to believe they are thinking about going to a prop plane and getting rid of the 38...

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Nice photo taking, what kind of car is that? With so many people around I can't tell at all.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it was a custom mustang, I didn't really look that hard at it.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
I think it was a custom mustang, I didn't really look that hard at it.
I see it now, even tho its got a body kit it has a mustang's front look, and the way the rear windshield area looks. Its obvious now.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Yeah with the lambo doors they basically ruined a muscle car...

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
In my career field, imagine trying to drive a fuel truck through the crowds and pump gas to those jets while the show is going on. It's a NIGHTMARE at the best of times. I guess most civilians don't know that you can't cross red roped off areas when there's a big green fuel truck with the RPM's tac'ed out at 2,000 pumping 600 gallons of JP-8 a minute to a plane so "the show can go on". Of course, I can really make the engine scream at close to 4,500 RPM but that's bad on the pump and motor, so they kinda frown on that.

Even though it's a nightmare at times, Air Shows are fun as hell. It's a great way to see all the different kinds of aircraft and what their impact on the mission is.

Oh, and there is something about the gatlin gun on that A-10 that just gives me goosebumps. My favorite jet in the inventory bar none.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
In my career field, imagine trying to drive a fuel truck through the crowds and pump gas to those jets while the show is going on. It's a NIGHTMARE at the best of times. I guess most civilians don't know that you can't cross red roped off areas when there's a big green fuel truck with the RPM's tac'ed out at 2,000 pumping 600 gallons of JP-8 a minute to a plane so "the show can go on". Of course, I can really make the engine scream at close to 4,500 RPM but that's bad on the pump and motor, so they kinda frown on that.

Even though it's a nightmare at times, Air Shows are fun as hell. It's a great way to see all the different kinds of aircraft and what their impact on the mission is.

Oh, and there is something about the gatlin gun on that A-10 that just gives me goosebumps. My favorite jet in the inventory bar none.
I had to do security screening for the last air show here at Holloman, that sucked. People *****ing at you 'cause you didn't let them bring their camera bag in, and it didn't matter that we checked it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts