Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my reservation in for a while for a new Bronco, and i just got a call from my dealer and made an appointment to go over final build and purchase next Tuesday . . . I'm having a hell of a time deciding my final paint option . . . here are the 3 colors im looking at.

Velocity Blue

Cactus Gray

or Carbon Gray

Which color would you go with? I'm more torn between the velocity blue and the cactus gray i think

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Blue.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Blue or Carbon Gray.

·
Premium Member
8,203 Posts
The carbon gray is going to show different colors in different light... similar to the magnetic gray on my Escape...

·
Premium Member
4,850 Posts
Had too many gray/silver rides in my life.Never again. Blue all the way

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Olive. That thing would look awesome with a white star in the middle of the hood, too.

Edit: Oh, weight. That olive is actually carbon gray. Carbon gray is my choice. It would still look cool with a white star on the hood, though.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I'd go blue if must keep factory color but a wrap in this might be cool, old school 4-color camo in "Winter Verdant" scheme..
40% forest/ Camo green, 40% field drab/coyote brown , 10% Sand and 10% black I think.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Sky

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
What color is your house? Don't get that color on your Broncho. I went thru about 3 cars that unintentionally were the same color as my house. When I realized it I had a big laugh, never could figure out why I was choosing that color.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cactus Grey (my :twocents:)

Also,
don't know how long they have been selling these, but i have never seen a single one in the wild yet. probably overhype? or over priced?
They exist, but they seem overpriced for what they are. They're about/ish the size of a Subaru Forester, which isn't a bad thing. They just seem to be stretching the price point.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
There's a few running around here in Oregon that aren't dealer samples. Yes quite overpriced, and that'll hurt them in the long run as they won't be able to compete that well with anything Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, and Kia puts out. There seems to be two distinct versions, the larger Bronco, and the smaller Bronco Sport.

Edit. Supposedly they start at $30K, same as the Wrangler :rolleyes:
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,203 Posts
The full size version is supposed to be trail ready, run it over the Rubicon or take the kids to school... the trail hardware adds a lot to the price.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
The full size version is supposed to be trail ready, run it over the Rubicon or take the kids to school... the trail hardware adds a lot to the price.
The "full size" is on the Ford Ranger chassis, and is indeed body-on frame construction with actual truck components, whereas the smaller Sport one is based on the Escape platform and doesn't seem to be that trail-ready... looks like its geared towards the same market as the Jeep Renegade and Liberty...and RAV4 and similar but not necessarily trail ready like the Wrangler.

Edit. I put "" on the Full size because the Ranger is actually considered a Midsize truck, smaller than the Full size F150.

Edit 2. I would have expected Ford to make a Bronco XLT on F150 chassis, just like the early OJ Simpson era ones and using the design language from the Expedition/Excursion/F150 series.. as that would make more sense... even if its just a "2 door Expedition" :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts