.22 carbine

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 69burbon, Nov 26, 2007.

1. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

We beat this dead horse on the old forum but I would still love to see a carbine in .22 LR. Throw in a matching pistol and I would be one happy camper.

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I think there are way to many other notably good and cheap 22 rifles and pistols on the market to even attemp to compete for market share.

3. 69burbon

True, there are a lot of manufactures out there making 22 LR but one that is made by the great folks at Hi-point and looks like my 995. I all over that!!!

4. If Beemiller would make a .22lr HiPoint product I would be the first to jump on it, but like Thay said the .22 market is already full of inexpensive plinker rifles and handguns, so I dont see Beemiller entering this market anytime soon.

5. I'd like one made by Hi-Point as well, but I don't think it's in the cards really.

6. 69burbon

Its still nice to dream! :D

7. I think it would be too much competition for Hi-Point to try and come out with a 22 LR version. I was at Dick's Sporting goods a little while back and they had the Mossberg Plinkster 22 Auto carbine with black synthetic stock for $99. The Mossberg "kinda" looks like a Hi-Point. ;)

wizard93

8. Amen to that bourbon! I've been killing squirrels for almost 30 years with the same marlin 60. I'd jump on a set of hi point .22's real quick. Are you listening guys?!?