Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about buying a .22 pistol for a long time. I've got about 250 to spend and was wondering what would be good I could get with that amount.

What I PLAN on doing is buying a Phoenix Arms .22 pistol and a Mossberg Plinkster. Opinions on both and what should I do? Thanks.

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
The Smith & Wesson 22A is a great little semi-automatic .22 that can be outfitted with a 7 inch bull barrel making it very accurate and can be had for around $230.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Phoenix hp22a for the win, my friend. You can usually find them for around the $130-$150 range. You could then either get both guns that you want, or buy the Phoenix and a helluva lot of ammo for it. They are just like Hi-Points, reliable, accurate, easy to handle and shoot, have a lifetime warranty, and are American made. They are a good size for a BUG or even a primary carry.
I sold mine to Woodyubet because I wanted to upgrade to a .357mag revolver. However, Dad (sbroomheadsr) still carries his occasionally, and he loves to take it to the range for some cheap plinking.

The Phoenix would definitely treat you right.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got my wife the 4.5" Neos and it's a great little gun for $225. Well built with great sights and some of the best engineered magazines which are easy to load with the button assist. I'm thinking of getting one myself. X

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Phoenix hp22a for the win, my friend. You can usually find them for around the $130-$150 range. You could then either get both guns that you want, or buy the Phoenix and a helluva lot of ammo for it. They are just like Hi-Points, reliable, accurate, easy to handle and shoot, have a lifetime warranty, and are American made. They are a good size for a BUG or even a primary carry.
I sold mine to Woodyubet because I wanted to upgrade to a .357mag revolver. However, Dad (sbroomheadsr) still carries his occasionally, and he loves to take it to the range for some cheap plinking.

The Phoenix would definitely treat you right.
+1

Also on the Heritage revolvers.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
+2 on Heritage! I just picked one up this weekend. 5.5 in barrel, fixed sights, 22 mag cylinder, hammer block, trigger lock, fired brass, out the door for $216.

Very happy with it. It is single action though.

For a Semi i am looking at a Walther P22. Based on the P99, and the folks i know who have them love them. IT is a nice gun in the hand. Easy to shoot.

About $310 - $350 for the basic blued model.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
+1 on the walther p22... though it is out of the price range you stated. :blink:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Academy has Browning Buckmarks for $269 and Beretta Neos for $229-$279 range...

Both are great shooters...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I decided on the Taurus pt-22 because the slightly wider grip felt better in my hand. The Walther P22 was too big to comfortably beat around with in my baggies pocket.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Been thinking about buying a .22 pistol for a long time. I've got about 250 to spend and was wondering what would be good I could get with that amount.

What I PLAN on doing is buying a Phoenix Arms .22 pistol and a Mossberg Plinkster. Opinions on both and what should I do? Thanks.
I thought the Phoenix Arms werent any good?
Arent they made by the same people that make Jimenez?
I was just out at a Pawn shop the other day and he had Phoenix Arms .22s for 199.99 plus tax.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a Phoenix Arms HP22 and I have to say don’t get one. It is not that Phoenix Arms made a bad gun, but the company went under last year :'(. So if you need to fix it good luck finding parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.