Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a h&r sportman. I love the gun and enjoy shooting a revolver. I was looking in my local pawn shops for a similar cheap 22 revolver to plink with and ran across a couple brands that i cant find info on. It was a IJH or something double action. The other was a tanfoglio that i did end up finding some stuff out on. I was wondering if there are other good 22 revolvers out there that are affordable. I know about the rough rider. and of course the ruger single six. But i am not wanting to spend alot. I am looking for something that is like the hi point of revolvers. A good gun at an affordable price.
P.s. i only paid 75 for the H&R and love the heck out of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other one was a jc higgens, i beleive that it was a high standard that was sold through sears or something back in th day. Any info on these of the other odd one i metioned?/

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you hunt around for a used rough rider you can find one for about $100. New ones with both .22lr and .22mag cylinders are usually in the $149 range. Just hunt around and be patient. You'll find something.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
In my book the heritage rough rider is the hi point of sa revolvers. I love mine fun as heck, I bought it a few years ago so I got it nib from lgs for 129 with the additional .22mag cylinder. I know you said you know about them but just giving my opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dig the rough rider and it seems to be a good gun. I have eld several but never shot one. Has anyone had experience with the JC higgins?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Harrington Richardson made a lot of 929 (I have) and 922 revolvers. They can be had for usually just a little more than a hunred. Hi Standard and Ivers Johnson are pretty nice too but prices are considerably more than H&Rs. Rhom models are suppose to be ok if you find an all steel model otherwise I'd pass.

IIRC a new Heritage 22lr without the mag cylinder can be had for $125 brand new and they'll shoot hyper velocity all day long.

Mike

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
There is another SA revolver made by Chiappa; like the Heritage Rough Rider, called the Cimarron Plinkerton, essentially the same type of gun, same price range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.