Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be looking to buy something that shoots .223 at the end of the month. Right now i'm looking at getting a ruger mini-14, unless I could find a saiga in .223. What's your favorite .223 shooter ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'd have to vote for the Kel-Tec SU16 for two reasons, they have a pistol grip stock for it now and someone on the KTOG site is working up a railed forearm, and they take AR mags,.. other than that, you preference.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I know its not a semi auto, but I love my Remington 700 VTR.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd have to vote for the Kel-Tec SU16 for two reasons, they have a pistol grip stock for it now and someone on the KTOG site is working up a railed forearm, and they take AR mags,.. other than that, you preference.
I looked at those, about the same price as a mini-14, i wonder how the quality compares to ruger ....plus the ruger accepts a 20rd mag.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I looked at those, about the same price as a mini-14, i wonder how the quality compares to ruger ....plus the ruger accepts a 20rd mag.
Kel Tec takes AR mags so you can get 30's for it
Oh and if you get a Mini try to get a new one with the heavier barrel
on that subject does anyone know if you can get just the new barrel for old mini's?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Save your money and time and get an AR--

I have toyed with the idea of a Mini, but have given in a started my AR fund for real this time....

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have never been a fan of the cost of the AR's. That's ALOT of money..... and I really haven't been married to the .223 round myself. Just a preference (not looking for a flamewar of which caliber is a better battle round...I just don't like the way they perform)

BUT,

The one .223 I have shot and really enjoyed was the Saiga .223 AK frame. With a folding stock, that is one effective little rifle! And, you can still find some for a decent price if you hunt around. Yeah, you don't have all the fancy toys and lego-like options that you get with an AR, but those who know me also know that I'm a very "simple" weapon kind of guy. No rails or scopes for me.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I got an essential arms lower for $89 bucks last year, and a del-ton M4 kit for $485 very reasonable and works flawlessly, just some food for thought, it's a lot better than paying over a grand for one already assembled,

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
I got an essential arms lower for $89 bucks last year, and a del-ton M4 kit for $485 very reasonable and works flawlessly, just some food for thought, it's a lot better than paying over a grand for one already assembled,
goodluck finding anything AR related at those prices now. stripped lowers are moving at 200$+ and kits minus the lower are topping 1000$ on GB.

SW

·
Premium Member
772 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got a dpms panther ar-15 sold my mini 14 to buy the ar-15. it is much better. the dpms cost $700 new, the mini's i've seen cost almost as much.

·
1,792 Posts
Del-ton say 12-16 weeks as the Original Fear and panic crushed every one who dealt with the EBR.

The actuall time we are seeing here in Kansas is only a week two tops.

They just leave the message up Do to Murphy's law. The second YOU order a kit is the minute after every one else ordered theres.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
You can get a new in box Bushmaster AR for 700 bucks (collapsible stock 16 inch barrel), not bad in my book. Or if you had the money get a Noveske AR. You will not find a better AR.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.