22shotshell vs coke can

Discussion in 'Other Firearms' started by 84minieldo, Jul 4, 2020.

1. 84minieldo

84minieldo Member

image.jpg

Attached Files:

CowboyBob likes this.
  2. 84minieldo

84minieldo Member

I’d say the shotshell won..feel sorry for any mice that get in my house

Attached Files:

CowboyBob likes this.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not bad. 3” away?

What have you done to your poor Ruger? I have 100 year old guns that look better than that.

4. retread

retread Member

river bottom find!

5. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Shot it with the rat shot first:eek:

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

As I read this, I was cleaning up my old Ruger 10/22. And my receiver is looking similar. My receiver is literally flaking the finish off. It appears it is just a type of black paint on the metal. I have to be real careful wiping it down with a soft patch even. Per Ruger search of #'s, it shipped from their plant in 1990. I think I bought it in 1990 also.

It was about 5 years or so old when the paint began to come loose in spots. Very small at first, but it still keeps losing more. In fact, this little carbine is basically as new except for the paint. Doubt I even have 250 rounds through it.
    In the early 1970's I bought a new Ruger Mark that began losing some finish in spots. Poor application of bluing I think on it.

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Easy fix spray paint it and bake it.

8. IIRC @84minieldo had a number of pistols that were recovered from a fire and or a flood or something. The Ruger may be one of them.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Wish he’d reply. I really do want to know how far away he was.

This is how the older models look after 5 or 6 decades.

[​IMG]

10. 84minieldo

84minieldo Member

Right the fudge on it 3 inches is probably about right..test run thing..if u gotta ruster or cruster that won’t fully seat a bullet that shot shell is a good little chamber/barrel cleaner

ajole likes this.
  11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I think I’d strip that pistol down and use some fake blue on it. Or just paint it. The old Marks are good looking pistols.:thumbsup: