Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second Annual Arizona HPFF Meet Up and Shoot!!!!

Date:
Saturday, May 2 2009

****[glow=red,2,300]WARNING!!!!![/glow] This date was changed from the 25th of April to the 2nd of May. No you aren't dreaming [glow=red,2,300]WARNING!!!!!![/glow]****

Denny's Resturant at 1996 West Baseline Road, Tempe AZ (off the I-10 and Baseline on the West side of the freeway, across the street from Fry's electronics on the Southeast corner of the intersection). It's about average as far as Denny's goes, but it's on the way to the Range, and it's also the old resturant where I worked when I was finishing college :angel: Dunno if I can still get free pancakes but I'll try

Time-8 AM (ish), departing no later than 9 AM

Range location-

Casa Grande - Elsy Pearson rifle range, 2766 S. Isom Rd. , Casa Grande , AZ 85222 .
Phone: 520-421-8677
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (0-250), Outdoor Rifle (0-250)
Hours of Operation: 7 day wk
Range Access: Public

Easiest route from the Meet up in the East Valley is to take the Pearl Harbor Memorial Highway (I-10) south, then the I-8 West to Trekell Rd South. From there head South-East on Isom Rd until you see the structures to the left. We will be heading out from Phoenix at about 9AM, and should take about 45 minutes at MOST to get there. Those coming from the Southern regions (Like Tucson) will have to find your own breakfast joint to meet up at :p.

And here's a link to the map: http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=2766%20S.%20Isom%20Rd.%20Casa%20Grande%20AZ%2085222&mag=5&ard=1#mvt=h&lat=32.8212&lon=-111.740069&mag=5&zoom=14&q1=2766%2520S.%2520Isom%2520Rd.%2520Casa%2520Grande%2520AZ%252085222

End Time- Shoot 'till we are broke or too sore!!!

Some have offered to bring beverages and the like, just remember no glass containers and no alcohol (a given, but as a Moderator I have to say such things). Cameras are encouraged, and I will be bringing some of my gear to get video and pics. Bring your spouses, friends who have yet to be indoctrinated into the cult of Hi-Points and even well behaved kids (otherwise they'll be stuck sorting brass if they get out of hand!). Other calibers and manufactures of arms are ENCOURAGED and welcomed. Along with it being a great get-together, this is an excellent chance to try some arms that you do not own or otherwise wouldn't have a chance to fire. If you have a weapon you wouldn't mind letting the other members take a crack at, list them here so that we can pick up the subsequent ammo so we're not burning your stuff up! Besides, it's good karma:) Of course, sharing is always nice too!

If you do need ammo, I have spent a massive amount of time gathering the info of all local shops (NOT Wal-Mart affiliated) that carry some if not all of what we need. Some to keep in mind:

-Arizona Firearms and Collectables in Tempe AZ. Always have SOME sort of ammo in stock for just about every caliber. They also deal in exotic and large calibers, but they don't have HUGE stocks. It is encouraged to buy with sense. No more than a case at a time is always proper and keeps enough round for everyone. they're good about keeping stock in and prices decent.

-Dicks Sporting Goods @ Fiesta Mall in Mesa, AZ. They DO have .223 and 7.62x39 ON THE SHELF!! It's not great stores but they have them. Tons of target load 12 gauge, but very limited 00 Buckshot. But, they do have them at decent prices

So, if you are interested in attending....RSVP!!!!! It helps to know who's coming and who to prepare for. We will try to set up car-pooling as well (considering that I might have to car-pool if my motorcycle is not finished by then, if I haven't picked up a car or if pigtails_of_doom is not coming with... she might have to work :( )

And of course, if you have ANY questions PM either myself or...since he got the ball rolling to get my lazy butt in gear... hp4lyfe (guess what, you've been nominated as an organizer...congrats!).

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2nd Arizona HPFF Meet Up and Role Call!!!!!!!

And, to start things off, *I* am RSVP'ing with a list of arms I will be bringing:

-Mossberg 500A "persuader" 12ga
-HP C9
-Nagant mod. 1895 Revolver (7.62x38 pistol cartridge)
-HOPEFULLY a 4095 (.40S&W)

Again, you don't have to list what you are thinking of bringing. I am only doing so if someone wants to bring extra ammo to try out some shooting. I'll have extra 12ga shells, so that's not a problem (Glad to share), and I have some limited extra 9mm that I'd be willing to share. The Nagant ammo is the tricky stuff: $.50 a ROUND! But, it does fire .32S&W long.

Anyone else joining?

·
Registered
915 Posts

hp4lyfe (guess what, you've been nominated as an organizer...congrats!).
thank you thank you!!!!!!! i wish i had known i was up for nomination i would have had a speech ready...sniff...sniff... oh great now im going to cry :cry2: :cry2: :D :D :D

anyways on to the rsvp

i will be bringing:

C-9 W/ 400 ROUNDS
RUGER 10/22 w/two 30rnd clips/250RNDS
MOSIN NAGANT 91/30 W/ 30RNDS
16 GA SINGLE SHOT SHOT GUN W/75RNDS
not sure if and how many if any at all i will bring with me but at least one other, and of course i will have a ice chest. going to be getting to dennys earily for breakfast :yay!: :yay!:

·
Registered
284 Posts

Present and accounted for... sorta. Am trying to decide between responsiblity and a good ol' fun time. Go to a review thingy for nursing school and to work in the evening.... or go shoot at things and take the whole derned day off. Hm. I know what I SHOULD do, and what I WANT to do. ehhhh! >_<

oh indecision. Will decide in about a week. Oh yeah and all I'm bringing is one very old Mosin Nagant M44.. uh.. it's very old. It'll knock yer shoulder outta place if you hold it wrong? that's all I know. >D

·
Registered
915 Posts

Present and accounted for... sorta. Am trying to decide between responsiblity and a good ol' fun time. Go to a review thingy for nursing school and to work in the evening.... or go shoot at things and take the whole derned day off. Hm. I know what I SHOULD do, and what I WANT to do. ehhhh! >_<

oh indecision. Will decide in about a week.
let me help you, cause well all know that this forum is about helping your fellow man or woman. so with that said ackt like a kid and ditch the school and work and have some fun!!!!!!!! :D or else we might be seeing neo like this all day :D :'( :D :'( :D :'(

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm already a bit :'( but that's because it's been long time with her and her clinicals and me with the constant working to get my financial situation back in the black.  But, don't pressure her.... it IS her career after all.  Granted at this rate I hope to have the bike done by then so I can drive over there under my own power if plans change.

Also, the invite extends to any of you Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico guys as well!!!  Granted EVERY HPFF member is welcomed, but the drive would be a *bit* insane.  You'd get a cookie for dedication....

p.s.

SOOOOO cute on the new avatar pigtails!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am in fo sho.
I believe HP has some 9mm for me and I will compensate him for it.
I am going to try to pick up a box of .40 cal maybe two if I can afford it.
I can take one person in my car if need be.
Oh yeah, I might pickup some extra ammo for the .22 if you think we will need it.
One more thing: I will be bringing my C9 and my .40 JCP

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Hey Neo, when you guys nail down a date and time, let me know. I'll call Charlie and see if I can get some swag for you guys.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Neo, when you guys nail down a date and time, let me know. I'll call Charlie and see if I can get some swag for you guys.
Saturday, April 25 2009 at about 10:30 ish... want to say ten but I KNOW we'll be dragging our butts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm already a bit :'( but that's because it's been long time with her and her clinicals and me with the constant working to get my financial situation back in the black. But, don't pressure her.... it IS her career after all. Granted at this rate I hope to have the bike done by then so I can drive over there under my own power if plans change.

Also, the invite extends to any of you Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico guys as well!!! Granted EVERY HPFF member is welcomed, but the drive would be a *bit* insane. You'd get a cookie for dedication....

p.s.

i know i was only kidding. she knows she should put her career first after all she might need to loan you some scratch to get that vespa running :D

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm already a bit :'( but that's because it's been long time with her and her clinicals and me with the constant working to get my financial situation back in the black. But, don't pressure her.... it IS her career after all. Granted at this rate I hope to have the bike done by then so I can drive over there under my own power if plans change.

Also, the invite extends to any of you Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico guys as well!!! Granted EVERY HPFF member is welcomed, but the drive would be a *bit* insane. You'd get a cookie for dedication....

p.s.

i know i was only kidding. she knows she should put her career first after all she might need to loan you some scratch to get that vespa running :D
:(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:grumpy:

That was mean.... I'm going to go hide now....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey now! Reality nothwithstanding (any kind of substantial paychecks are a LONG way off, lol).. Neo's been working his tail off to get that hair dryer/ toaster oven/ italian garage queen/ VESPA OF DOOM back up and running ;) :angel: Might be interesting to see if we can get all the guns and ammunition out to the range on two bikes, lol! I'll just put the Mosin on my back and ride down there with it. It'll discourage BAD DRIVERS, bwahahaha... :devilsidesmile: >:D

"Aw, how cute! Cut me off will yeh?"

BLAMMO! ;D

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey now! Reality nothwithstanding (any kind of substantial paychecks are a LONG way off, lol).. Neo's been working his tail off to get that hair dryer/ toaster oven/ italian garage queen/ VESPA OF DOOM back up and running ;) :angel: Might be interesting to see if we can get all the guns and ammunition out to the range on two bikes, lol! I'll just put the Mosin on my back and ride down there with it. It'll discourage BAD DRIVERS, bwahahaha... :devilsidesmile: >:D

BLAMMO! ;D
or maybe you can strap your mosin to the back of neo's vespa and pull the trigger for it to reach highway speeds, five rounds should get him there :D :D

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm in, I will be bringing the following

C-9
CZ-52
M-95
Enfield 303
and maybe the M-1 Garand

Look forword to meeting all of you,

Jet
right on looking forward to meeting your guns er......um you. 8)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Guy's I'd love to show up, but my butt and motorcycle will be in Laughlin that weekend. :cry2: You all have a good time and shoot straight. ^-^
well maybe next time :( . have good time in laughlin and be safe.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

BLAMMO! ;D
or maybe you can strap your mosin to the back of neo's vespa and pull the trigger for it to reach highway speeds, five rounds should get him there :D :D
Believe it or not, with the Grimecea Turbocharger on the Vespa I can almost out-accelerate her Ninja from 0 to 40. After she hits 3rd gear I'm toast :blink:

·
Registered
915 Posts
^^^^ yum toast :yay!: :yay!: :eat: :eat: :eat:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.