.30 carbine for sale on local "Jason's Guns" $350.00

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dagwood, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

2. I would love it but it is in CA. and I am in ID., I will not go to CA. for anything.

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

He is asking top dollar for it. That is an Iver Johnson Plainfield commercial copy of the WWII M1 carbine. It was manufactured from 1978-1993. Back in the 80's they also made an M2 full auto model. Even if all you want it a shooter, it is only worth about $285 in my opinion.

4. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Plainfield made M1 Carbines from 1962 to 1978. At which time Iver Johnson took them over. Plainfield's MSRP in 1968 was around $60 for the M1 Carbine. Have no clue about the quality or parts being interchangeable with other M1 Carbines.

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have an Iver johnson from the mid 80's. It's a great shooter. I paid a lot more than that for it. Around here 350.00 is .22lr price range. I thought that was a great price for a .30 carbine.

6. It's about as low as they go for. Anyone in that area who wanted one would come out ok.

7. I checked and both Iver Johnson and Plainfield advertised their carbines as being 100% made to GI specs. FWIW.