Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Would you like a 30 round mag for the 4095 or the 995?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
you sure are asking alot of poll questions for a new guy!! j.k. but yeah I would hate to reload one but it would be fun. a 15 and 20 rounder would be nice too...thirty would hang out a little though!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'd honestly like to see more magazines (in general) like the ones for my GSG-5. You can depress the spring with your thumb which allows you to drop rounds in, rather than having to force them in (ie HP's, AK, AR, Mini-14, etc.)

G

·
30rds, it would be to long. Hell I don't need a cane yet. lol I would really just like to find a 15rd mag that works.

·
Registered
127 Posts
RD, that feature you speak of is a common thing with 22 autos. My Beretta Neos has the same feature, and most of the 22 automatic pistols I have fired did too IIRC. I am not sure what, but I imagine there is a good reason you don't see it on larger caliber magazines. I know on my Neos the thumb stud sticks out quite a bit and there's a slot cut into that side of the handle to accommodate it. In a .22 you have a very thin profile magazine, so in a larger caliber this design could negatively impact the thickness of the handle(for pistols) Think about how thick the handles tend to be on double stack design pistols are already.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Better watch out for those thick handles man.

You can't trust em.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Of course a straight mag would be way to long but what about some kind of drum design. I've seen a cool AR15 mag that splits off into a double mini drum on both the left and right side.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Of course a straight mag would be way to long but what about some kind of drum design. I've seen a cool AR15 mag that splits off into a double mini drum on both the left and right side.
http://dynamicarmament.com/items/ar...plate-beta-c-mag-ar-15-clear-plate-detail.htm
A link to only one business selling these. This one is rather high priced and you can beat this price by $50 easy. Even if you get one wholesale it would still be more expensive than the rifle. I'll not spend more for one magazine than the gun costs.

For the price of an HP Carbine and a Beta C mag I can buy a rifle that normally accepts hicaps.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I would like to see a drum manufactured that worked. A thirty round magazine would be HUGE!

·
Registered
88 Posts
+1 for drum or other type of magazine.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Something else to mention, Hi-Point already has several companies fabricating new magazines for their pistols and carbines to address the Hi-Cap issue. This is also discussed under the Hi-Cap Mag sticky that SW mentioned. They are coming, but research and development take time.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
It would be nice to have the option of having a couple of 30rd mags for "just in case" but the 10 and 15 rd that can be bought now are just fine for range, varmit hunting, and certainly home defense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts