Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reported last week by American Rifleman and others, SAAMI has officially "approved" .30 Super Carry. While this generally means good things for the acceptance of the cartridge, it's really nothing more than the manufacturer paying SAAMI a lot of money and putting in a lot of work for detailed specifications. Still, it's probably a beneficial step for the 30 SC.

American Rifleman Article Here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun and bumthum

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Nice to see the newest "cool kid" accepted by the rest of the class. Maybe he'll stay around for a while

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts
True, but the .357 Sig never did take off, which is a shame. That .400 Corbon would have also been cool if it had taken off.
Its real popular here with LEOS.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
I wouldn't mind adding a Sig in .357sig to the stable...
My FFL cousin offered me a Sig 226 in .357 for $500. I was sorely tempted, but didn’t do it. Kinda wish I had.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
475 Posts
The .30 SC seems like it would be a neat little round. The size of cartridge should make it possible to fit a lot in a magazine. I don't see it making a huge impact though.

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
Check out the 32NAA specs
No comparison between the 32 NAA and the 30 SC. What the former does with a 60 grain bullet, the latter does with 100 grain bullets.

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check out the 32NAA specs
I would except that North American Arms still has the same president that they did a year ago.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
I would except that North American Arms still has the same president that they did a year ago.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Go ahead….enlighten us all. I never cared enough about NAA crap to bother caring. Does that luminary dude shoot them?

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
Go ahead….enlighten us all. I never cared enough about NAA crap to bother caring. Does that luminary dude shoot them?
Doesn't Kirk hate Ruger and TTAG too?

Reactions: lklawson

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,172 Posts
He is an angry man. Probably from play with those shafts. He's has issues he needs a Dr

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go ahead….enlighten us all.
The owner went on a rant about how people who refuse to get a COVID vacine and then get sick makes him happy. He later tried to walk out a half-hearted appology which basically read, "I'm sorry if you got butt-hurt when I told you how I really feel about you mouth-breathers."

I'm not trying to call for some sort of nation-wide boycott of the company but I figure that if he's that out of touch with his customer base, and frankly such a douche, then I don't need to spend my money on his products if I can help it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was mad at Ruger for a LONG time. But Bill died and Ruger-the-company went to work trying hard to make amends so I eventually decided that the guy I was mad at was feeding worms so I could let it go.

I was pissed at TTAG for shoddy and dishonest reporting and wouldn't use the website. Then someone else bought the site and the two skeezy writers there stopped being used; the original owner left an a "Nick Leghorn" seems to not be "contributing" any longer (good riddance).

I'm still kinda pissed at Springfield Armory and I haven't seen them try to make amends for their skeezy behavior yet. Did I miss their "we're sorry, we'll do better, here's some apology money for SAF" speech?

IIRC, S&W did something similarly stupid too, took their lumps, and had to make amends before the firearms community would forgive them.

So, yeah, I see what Sandy Crisholm as pretty similar to what Bill Ruger did. So until Mr. Crisholm dies or is no longer in control of NAA, I don't see me buying any of that douche's products, even if a 380 case bottle-necked to .32 sounds interesting. There are plenty of other neat cartridges and guns.

Does anyone else have to "personal boycot" NAA? Nah. This is my decision; for me.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
I was mad at Ruger for a LONG time. But Bill died and Ruger-the-company went to work trying hard to make amends so I eventually decided that the guy I was mad at was feeding worms so I could let it go.

I was pissed at TTAG for shoddy and dishonest reporting and wouldn't use the website. Then someone else bought the site and the two skeezy writers there stopped being used; the original owner left an a "Nick Leghorn" seems to not be "contributing" any longer (good riddance).

I'm still kinda pissed at Springfield Armory and I haven't seen them try to make amends for their skeezy behavior yet. Did I miss their "we're sorry, we'll do better, here's some apology money for SAF" speech?

IIRC, S&W did something similarly stupid too, took their lumps, and had to make amends before the firearms community would forgive them.

So, yeah, I see what Sandy Crisholm as pretty similar to what Bill Ruger did. So until Mr. Crisholm dies or is no longer in control of NAA, I don't see me buying any of that douche's products, even if a 380 case bottle-necked to .32 sounds interesting. There are plenty of other neat cartridges and guns.

Does anyone else have to "personal boycot" NAA? Nah. This is my decision; for me.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I'm not faulting you for it. I hated Remington for what they did to the people of Ilion and refusing to honor their own warranty on defective manufacturing. Even sold my R700/M40 project because fuck those guys. Now I don't have to because they're Reming-gone...

Reactions: lklawson

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not faulting you for it. I hated Remington for what they did to the people of Ilion and refusing to honor their own warranty on defective manufacturing. Even sold my R700/M40 project because fuck those guys. Now I don't have to because they're Reming-gone...
Nah, that's fair. I'm just updating the "Kirk's shiz list" :)
Ruger: Finally cleared
TTAG: New owners/contributors, so cleared
S&W: Cleared
Springfield: On Kirk's bad side
NAA: On Kirk's bad side

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun
1 - 20 of 43 Posts