$320 1911

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by grihn, Jun 22, 2014.

1. grihn

grihn Member

Picked it up from Academy last week on sale for $320 (~$380 after I added grips and extended mag release). This thing shoots smooth and amazing, and has an awesome stock trigger pull.

Armscor Citadel 9mm 1911

Attached Files:

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Very similar to my Metro Arms 1911, but mine was $320 a few years ago. You did darned good there.:)

3. Looks nice, my experience with so called 'low end' 1911s has been good, also had a Metro, loved it, only complaint was the last round of every mag consistently ejected into my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That's what you get for trying to hold the gun like a gangsta on the last round.

5. You wish. Haha.
    It would eject straight up, most landed on the top of my head, the last one always nailed me in the forehead, it always surprised me when they landed on me, good training aid, made you pay attention to the world around you instead of getting tunnel vision on the target.

6. Last round may be hitting the mag follower on ejection. Check for wear spot on follower.

7. Wish I had $320 handy. I love my RIA 1911 but it's got a weaver rail on it so I'm thinking I need a 'normal' version and at that price I'd be bringing one home.

8. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Sounds like a super deal.

9. Rerun

Rerun Member

Same number of rounds as my C9 - 8 shots. About the same weight, too.

eldar

10. Yeah that was always my guess.

11. grihn

grihn Member

All the 9mm 1911's I've ever seen (including this one) have 9-10 round magazines.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    But thinner and better looking to many.:p

13. Rerun

Rerun Member

I once owned an Egyptian Helwan 9mm that carried 8 rounds of 9 x 19.

It was a sweet shooter. Wish I still had her.

eldar

14. Grumpy553

Grumpy553 Member

A nice buy for the money...congrats!

15. The citadel ive been told is more or less the Charles Daly,and in 9mm on a 45 frame its sweet

16. grihn

grihn Member

Yeah, kind of...it depends on the date of Manufacture of the Charles. K.B.I initially imported the 1911 directly from Armscor and were sold as an Armscor, then later under the Charles Daly brand (imported to the US and sold as Charles Daly, manufactured by Armscor, exactly what Citadel and Rock Island are doing now), until they split from Armscor in '08 I think. I think it was then that they started a manufacturing division of their own, but I'm not sure if they manufactured 1911's or not or if they were still importing those (I know they manufactured rifles for a bit). I guess they didn't do to well in sales after their split from Armscor because they were out of business (at least in the US) for a few years not long ago (2009-2010ish), but they came back in 2012 or 2013, but I'm not sure how "full swing" they are at this point, but I hope they're here to stay. I've always liked their pistols even when they were imported from Armscor and Charles Daly Defense made very good rifles.

17. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I had one of these for a while, absolutely loved it! Shouldn't have traded it!