Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I remember seeing that a while back. Seems like there used to be a page showing what all the guy had to do and the steps he took to convert it. The people on that site sure do like .32 NAA, they have all sorts of weapons converted for that round.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Why not just use the 7.65 Parabellum? It's an existing factory cartridge with pretty hot ballistics. If you have a supply of 9X19 brass, it can be necked down, and bullets are readily available. BTW, this is NOT a necked down 9x19 -- the 9X19 is a necked-UP 7.65!

·
Registered
63 Posts
the 7.65 para would be pretty sweet. if the .30 cal bullet can zing 1200ft/sec out of a pistol i'm sure it would be impressive out of a carbine.

I personally would like to build a 7.62x25mm tokarev upper for my ar15. surplus ammo is cheap and will do 1800ft/sec out of a 10" or longer barrel and they make adapters to use ppsh43 magazines. you can also load .308 rifle bullets and have a mag fed rifle that will perform on par with a 300 wisper.

the hi-point is fun don't get me wrong, but definitly not something i'd want to dump alot of money into. its a cheap fun plinker.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
the 7.65 para would be pretty sweet. if the .30 cal bullet can zing 1200ft/sec out of a pistol i'm sure it would be impressive out of a carbine.

I personally would like to build a 7.62x25mm tokarev upper for my ar15. surplus ammo is cheap and will do 1800ft/sec out of a 10" or longer barrel and they make adapters to use ppsh43 magazines. you can also load .308 rifle bullets and have a mag fed rifle that will perform on par with a 300 wisper.

the hi-point is fun don't get me wrong, but definitly not something i'd want to dump alot of money into. its a cheap fun plinker.
Half the fun of a 995 is moding it. Seeing what kind of crazy setup you can get. Check our picture threads and see what some of our members have done to their 995s, its just crazy. Also there are several threads with pictures in the HP Carbines subforum also.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts

Oh yes, they do exist:
http://www.cncgunsparts.com/ar-15_m-16_762x25_uppers
But they are not cheap!

·
Registered
63 Posts

Oh yes, they do exist:
But they are not cheap!
yeah been doing alot of research on them. but like you stated there pricey. wish I could afford one or afford to build one.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts

Oh yes, they do exist:
But they are not cheap!
those would pay out in about 1500 rounds of 7.62 tok surplus vs 223 cost wise.

SW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts