Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am "the _______ first lever action to offer the proven deer-getting power of the 30/30 cartridge in a compact format"

and my given name is MARLIN MODEL 336Y but you can call me "SPIKEHORN" or spike for short.

i was surfing the net at another forum, and i found "spike". the seller told me had a marlin 336 for sale, but i had no ideal he had the scaled-down version (16.5 barrel), which is lighter then it's big brother, but only holds five rounds. the seller had no pics, but i took a chance because he is always supplying good information about lever action and revolvers, and i'm glad i did because the rifle should probably be rated at 98%. here are some pics of my almost brand new lever action carbine.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sw,

i had a 336, but sold it about a year ago, and when i saw this one, my mouth hit the floor because i didn't expect to find this model. initially, i wondered why this 30/30 felt so light, and seemed shorter then i recalled. i remember reading 336y were no longer being made by marlin, and never met anyone who had one. looking forward to shooting it ASAP.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow. I haven't seen one of those in years. The 336y was my Mom's gun of choice when I was little. Did the Y stand for Youth model?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. I haven't seen one of those in years. The 336y was my Mom's gun of choice when I was little. Did the Y stand for Youth model?
ditto with sw post on sub letter. marketing states, "ideal as a woods gun and equally suited to the younger or smaller-statured hunter."

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know who you are, but when my saw the thread title, she said she loved you. :D
tell her great minds think alike, and i'm originally from detroit,mi. if anyone was that big, they would be a lonely soul. :D

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Great find! I love all lever guns.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just did a quick check on 30/30 ammo at wallyworld, and they had nothing. will have to order from the net, again.. i'm looking to go with a hp round, and probably use some soft points for target practice.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
there are lots of places that carry ammo that you normally wouldnt think of. farm supply stores are a good source for cheaper than average ammo and they usually have plenty in stock. i buy all my 30-30 from running farm and fleet and they always have it in stock.

SW

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have a model 336A and am about to receive in (on Tuesday) a model 336RC that I purchased from a forum member. I'm a big fan of lever-action rifles and it goes back a long way. My dad had quite a few rifles including one of these when I was growing up. The lever-action was the only one I never got to shoot and I was definitely upset about it when he sold them. I just had to have my own when I started my collection.

336A

336RC

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow, that 336RC looks just like mine. I thought I had a 336A with a different stock, but the 336RC is a dead ringer for my Marlin. You learn something new on this board every day! :tongue2:

And on the actual gun, I LOVE this rifle. I can't think of a gun I have more fun with at the range than my good ol' 30-30. 8)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wow, that 336RC looks just like mine. I thought I had a 336A with a different stock, but the 336RC is a dead ringer for my Marlin. You learn something new on this board every day! :tongue2:

And on the actual gun, I LOVE this rifle. I can't think of a gun I have more fun with at the range than my good ol' 30-30. 8)
Now don't get me wrong...I had to do some research to find out what model the gun is. I could be wrong, but I've never seen another one with the white stripe that was a different model. The one I'm receiving in had been his father's (which points to an older rifle) and needs some TLC. When it's done, though, it should be a nice little addition to the collection :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looking good RDFabsRep. ^-^

i can't wait to get to the range with my mini marlin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.