350 rnds of 8mm mauser with stripper clips

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by travis9mm, Dec 7, 2014.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Ive got 350 rnds of 8mm mauser with stripper clips. All mounted. 70 clips. 4 bandoliers loaded. Some unopened.

$200 + shipping. Does it need to go through FFL or do I just do a hazardous shipment from FedEx? Thanks all!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

No FFL. HazMat recommended.

3. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Cool. Thanks!

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Hazmat is not recommended, it is required. It must be shipped ORM-D by law.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

FedEx will not ship ammo, end of story. UPS will, but you need to take it to a costumer center only to ship. You can print out the ORM -D labels from there Web site. Put two on each box even though the Web site says 1. There is no hazmat for loaded ammo, only powder and primers.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Dang, you've right. Looks like they stopped last year. It is very rare for me to ship ammo, but when I did in the past it was always fedex. I guess if I ever have to do it again I'm going to have to find a new service. I guess UPS is the only game in town. :(

ORM-D is a hazmat code isn't it?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

No it is the code for loaded ammo. There is no hazmat charge for it but it can only ship ground.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

9. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

10. I scored a lot similar to this from my friend, 340rnds of brass 1949 Turkish 8mm on stripper and a few bandoleers for $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

11. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Awesome. I wish I had a rifle to shoot it out of. But selling for a friend who inherited it from a deceased friend.

12. Just a heads up, and not to bash your sale here, but whoever buys this should expect hang fires and duds, I've fired about 150rnds of Turkish ammo from this era, so far I've had 3 duds, 2 very noticeable hang fires(about a quarter second delay) and a handful of rounds that had to be struck twice.

However this ammo has been quite accurate, so it's a decent trade off if you get a good price, don't let it scare you away, that kind of thing is to be expected with surplus.

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

One of the advantages of buying from friends is that they're more often willing to give you a killer deal.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Ive heard some of the turkish ammo can be finicky. Like I said im tryin to help a friend. If someone is interested shoot me an offer. Trades would be considered too bit cash is king. At fleabay pricing the strippers are worth $1.25-$2 each. Even at a buck theres $70 in stripper clips. Bandoliers are roughly $5-$10 each and theres 4. Then the ammo. Throw an offer! Will split in half as well

15. It's usually the Yugo stuff people have problems with, notoriously hard primers.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's just because it's hard to find the Turk stuff anymore.;)

17. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Anybody wanna make an offer on this ammo?

18. I would love to make an offer but I just don't have the money.

19. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Interested in trades as well

20. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Anyone? With christmas so close I know money is a little tight so throw an offer!