35795?? Who's with me on this?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by 31U_Airborne, Jan 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 31U_Airborne

31U_Airborne Member

I am impatiently waiting for my 4595 to arrive at the FFL.

Wouldn't a 357-SIG H.P. carbine be a gnarly gun?
    It would be a pistol cartridge, necked for flawless loading. Small projectile with a potent charge behind it.
    Whew that...... would be the ultimate duty weapon, and mid sniper rifle.

My first duty weapon was a Sig p229? I think it was.
    Man that gun had every LEO and expert shooter at the range gawking lol.
    It sounded like a 50 BMG.
    I had to get rid of it tho...... waaaayyyy to much kick, recoveey and back on target criteria. I always thought it would make a badazz rifle cartridge so here I go thinking.. an HP CARBINE.. perfect.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not until they do my 1095!

Besides...none of my carbines ever has any trouble loading or chambering rounds.

3. It would be cool. Not likely as they never seem to make new ones besides the .3895 wich maybe 300 people will buy in the USA.
    I don't know what the pressure looks like in the .357sig but I would expect to see a 10mm version first.

Though maybe? I guess you could get close with a 995ts barrel and a 4095 frame?

4. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Still waiting for a 22395 !!!

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

SAAMI max is 40K psi.

For comparison, the .40 S&W is 35K. 9mm+P is 38.5K.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yup. DIY is the only way you're going to get it, my friend 31U_Airborne! :(

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I'm getting the "hankering" to take a 4095 out. No time yesterday. Next weekend I'm doing another range trip. I feel no need for another caliber HP carbine.

8. 31U_Airborne

31U_Airborne Member

A 22395 will indeed be a billion dollar sales point.
    I hate going to gun shops to drool... and EVERYTHING looks like an AR. i owned and used an AR and M16 NATO. and 223 and the range is somewhat good. But i bought me a burris scope for the M and got into sooooo much trouble.
    Flip side i am aboard aircraft to be jettisoned at vla and at high speed over Falusia if i had Not had a scoped M to pick off A hads at well over 600 yards bi would not be here today.
    No im not a sniper but if you see a group of gnats swarming towards you ya keep shooting until theyre gone.
    Other than that the M is useless..

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The breech block required for the blowback design of the Hi Point carbine would make a 223 unwieldy and unusable. It would simply be just too heavy.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)