Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I shoot a TON of 38 special ammo. I mostly load my own, or use blazer brass or Winchester White Box (aka WWB) when I don't have any loads ready to go. .38special are cheaper and easier to shoot then .357. I still shoot mags but prefer 38specials for the reasons listed above. A .38 special defensive round is more then suffice if your using it for home protection. Power isn't everything. There's over penetration, time to second shot (yes misses are possible) and what if that miss hit's a thin outer wall or window, do you have neighbors nearby, or kids in another room, how about spouse hiding in bedroom? This is why I stick to defensive rounds for home defence like Federal Hydrashoks and Speer Gold Dots. They are pricey, but you need really only shoot a couple cylinders of them as you do not have to worry about the rounds cycling. As you can tell the 38/357 wheel gun is among my favorites out there. Only thing I prefer over one is a .45acp 1911.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.