.380/9MM common mod questions

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by IDMTfirefighter, Dec 13, 2015.

1. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

So I'll be purchasing a hi point 380/9MM in a few weeks. My you tube research indicates two common mods are feed ramp polishing and tweaking the top tabs of the magazine.

So going into 2016 are these still issues that have to be done by new owners or have they been addressed at the factory? Appreciate any feedback.

Ray

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Polishing the feed ramp is common knowledge, but rarely needed. Mag tweaks are common, but shoot the gun first, you may not need it.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have never need to tweak a HP mag. Its needed some times. More so with the 9mm but its not a common issue.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    +2 for both the above.
    Most shoot great right outta the box these days...[​IMG]

:welcome:IDMT-FF!

5. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Never had to do anything with the CF380., it has run perfect. Same with the extra magazines I bought, never had to touch any of them.

6. I have had both the 380 and 9mm and shot well w/o mods.

Welcome to the forum.

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Shoot the gun 1st, then come back & give us a range report. Be sure to get extra magazines. You will not know if you have a problem with just one mag. Besides, you don't want to be that NERD, that spends more time at the range loading magazines than shooting your gun?

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    PS: You will want to check out the HP Carbines :D

9. tjulian

tjulian Member

I've had my C9 for over a year without any problems. It is also usually best to load the mags and let them set for several days before using them.

10. Goodwrench13

Goodwrench13 Member

Other than the mag I dropped and broke. I'v never had a problem with my mags. But I called Mom and got a new mag cap no questions ask. I also use 995 mags as opposed to c9 mags. This way I have one group of mags to fit my c9 and my 995ts. No feed issues.

11. histed

histed Supporting Member

What they ^^^^ said. To paraphrase Lord Trollslayer "Shoot the crap out of it. Come back and tell us if something doesn't work. Then shoot the crap out of it." At least 100 rounds, preferably 200 or more. My guess is you'll have ZERO problems after the first 50 or so.