Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any .380 or C9 Comp out there? Are they still being made any more? I had been looking to get the C9 Comp for my first Hi-Point, but couldn't wait and got the standard one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They are not made anymore, but I have heard rumors that Hi-point is redesigning the C9 comp for rerelease. Used C9 comps pop up on places like gunbroker and auctionarms once and a while. You just have to keep your eyes open, and be willing to drop extra $ for shipping and transfer fees.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I'll keep my eyes open and my wallet handy!

·
Premium Member
36,046 Posts
Not just a rumor, I asked the mothership about them, and got an email saying they were redesigning the C9-COMP. Of course, that was 13 months ago... :devilsidesmile:
I figure right after the 4595....which means a llittle while after this winter,,,which equates to 2013 or so, right? :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Question,
I have a .380 comp wore out and recently refurbished be the mothership. Flawless just like was new. What's one going for these day's ? Not for sale, my gal would have my jewels from her rearview mirror. We shot up all the ammo last year before the anointed one came to be and it's taken this long to replenish supplies plus a little extra. .380 ammo if you got hang on to it until all stupidity is over with.
John

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I bought a used one for 130 at a gun show with 4 mags.The comp is really just a feature to scare gun grabbers, and nothing more.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it more for looks, or does it have a real function?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe the C9 Comp also has a longer barrel correct? I was originally wanting to get the comp version but the guy at my LGS told me they quit making them and were rare to find (this was last year) so I settled on the regular C9.

I think the longer barrel was also the reason I wanted the comp version.

·
Premium Member
36,046 Posts
Yes. sightly longer barrel to allow the comp to clamp on to the end sticking out of the slide.
I have no proof that it does anything, but I feel like it reduces muzzle flip (maybe just due to weight) and I like the way it looks enough that I don't care if it is functional or not.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
The barrel is about a half inch longer. The comp looks awesome on there, I haven't shot a regular C9 though to be able to tell if it actually functions or not. The way it's designed it looks like it should, but I'm no engineer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know it makes them louder than an Hell and the muzzle flash is pretty impressive for a little .380. Never shot in pitch dark like in a really bad scenario, but one could imagine you would blinded for a bit? Need to try that know that I think about it. Huh? another reason to shoot.
John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts