380 Carbine Availability

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by HoustonSpartan, Oct 21, 2015.

1. HoustonSpartan

HoustonSpartan Member

I've read a number of articles from this past spring about the 380 carbine. Does anyone know when it will actually be available for purchase?

Thanks All!

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Theres several threads about it with all the information any of us know about it.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Which is basically just speculation, gossip, and repeated rumor from "a friend of a friend who says he works at HP."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

Yep. Still wasn't retyping it all when its already there.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You don't have to retype it, just post a link to the thread and say, "the answer is there." It's actually less typing than you've already done and is what the rules indicate you're supposed to do. According to the rules, you're not supposed to tell a poster to just google it or go find it yourself, you're supposed to either answer the question or post a link to the answer.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Less typing? Perhaps. But unfortunately the search feature on this site sucks a dick and nobody wants to spend a half hour looking for the link.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have this SWEEET "google it b****" meme and can never use it! :wah:
    Kirk's a big MeANY! :eek:

:D :rofl:

8. undeRGRound

INDY
    But Really, why would you want that for your first HP?
    Or why would you want that AT ALL? I might, maybe... get a
    CF380 once I get a 380 pocket pistol, MAYBE! But I doubt I will ever get the
    3895... I just see no use for it. However, I have all three of the "Big Boy Carbines"
    and the JCP and JHP pistols. I sold both my C9s :D

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Nowhere did i say he should google, nor did i tell him to search anything. If you look, i posted the exact same link you did.
    Or are the rules exempt for those who hold the proverbial pen and phone?

I also see branth liked your post telling me about the rule i didn't break, so two moderators involved in the thread that also offered no help.
    Surely moderators aren't above the law are they? Or are we all three equal offenders?

10. HoustonSpartan

HoustonSpartan Member

It's not my first; I've had a HP 45 carbine for several years. Why do I want it? Because I'll have a good time shooting it. That's all the reason I need.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Ease off the accelerator there buddy.

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    That's all good then. As long as you realize the ammo costs more than 9mm
    and delivers less velocity, energy, bullet weight and "bang for buck". If you
    are already into 380 handguns then it is a Good Purchase!

We just get lots of noobs around here, and about 1/2 the time they are not
    just new to us, but new to shooting altogether! Seems like you know your stuff :D

13. HoustonSpartan

HoustonSpartan Member

Yes, it does seem that there are lots of new folks here; I wonder how many decided to get into shooting because of HP's affordability. 380 is definitely not going to be one of my "working" firearms. It's strictly fun plinking at a price that won't get me suffocated with a pillow in the night.

14. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Come now, UG, we're all tired of hearing the antis ask us why we "need" this or that gun, why should we start doing the same to our own?

15. RobertL

RobertL Member

Wow! Still no progress, huh?

On the .380 carbine, that is. Ah well, waiting costs nothing. And I don't get the haters: if a .380 H-P is a pipsqueak, how about all those .22LR AR-15 clones out there? And can you even find .22ammo? (No, really: can you find .22 ammo?)

16. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I picked up a bucket of 1400 36 grain hollow point .22lr rounds last week

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    C'Mon, Now, SCAR! You know I am just saying there are "Better Options" :D
    In my opinion, of course. I fully agree with the 3895 if someone is set up for it!
    I am set up for 9, 40, 45 and 10mm :D I do not need another caliber at this time! :eek:

I saw a great new Underwood 380 ACP +P round, 65 grain, 1400 FPS in a handgun! :eek:
    Might get over to 1600 FPS in a carbine! WOW!!! :D Now THAT would have some
    STaNK on it! :dance: Closing in on 400ft-# Energy! :llama:

https://www.underwoodammo.com/380-acp-p-65-grain-xtreme-defender/

Not Bad for a hot little 380!

(note: 380 +P is not a SAAMI recognized pressure designation, but I would trust UNDERWOOD with this round, if any mfg., if used in a Hi Point! ALL the other HPs are +P rated, why wouldn't the CF380 be able to handle higher pressure rounds? It really should, if the barrels are built to 9mm specs, but chamber bored to the shorter 380 ACP)