380 grips

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by letsroll, Jan 23, 2008.

1. letsroll

letsroll Guest

Bought the wife a 380 since she does not like to shoot my glock. The grips too fat on the 380 she says. Any out there for this that are skinnier for her small hand? Thanks!

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

smaller from hipoint? no.

But there are some other .380's produced many manufacturers who use the traditional frames. Better yet, take her to the gun store and let her handle them until she finds one to her liking.

3. When getting a woman a firearm the best thing you can do is take them shopping and let them handle the gun in the store to see what fits their hands best. Choosing a caliber the woman can handle along with what fits their hands will save you a lot of money in the long run.

As far as the CF380 grips, there are no aftermarket grips that I know of for any of the HiPoint pistols. There are Hogue grip sleeves that help reduce the slippery feeling but this generally gives the grip frame an even wider feeling.

4. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

Def take your wife to a gun shop and let her hold a few weapons for herself. If this 380 is for targeting purposes I would strongly suggest a different cal. for her as well. Using a 380 for target practice can get expensive. She may like a wather P22, or maybe a smaller frame 9mm. Both those cals are inexpensive for targeting.

5. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

Buying a gun for a woman is a lot like buying her clothes, better to let her pick. That way you can't be blamed if it doesn't fit 'just right'.

6. letsroll

letsroll Guest

Okay I was not clear I guess. I want to know if anyone makes any aftermarket grips for the hi point 380? I am not looking for a different 380. She likes the weapon, but would like a skinnier grip. The grip son this hi point seem like they are twice as thik as on my glock.

7. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

Sorry no. What you see is what you get with a Hi-Point.

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Sorry buddy, from my computer screen it looks like she may dislike the weapon, but whatever you say. Hi Point doesn't make aftermarket grips, i can't think of any poly-framed pistols with changeable grips.

If buying a different make of firearm is so far out of the question, take the frame to a 3" belt sander, and make those grips smaller yourself.

9. I dont think they do, I have been looking for some for a while now and I cant find any.

10. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

i take my wife everytime i go to the gun shop. ot only does she love to shoot at the indoor range but she also is a big "impulse buyer" when it comes to seeing a gun she likes. when i was buying her a pistol she looked them all over in our price range and ended getting a 995 carbine instead because it was in her comfort zone and she thought it was "sexy as hell" for a woamn to carry a pseudo assault rifle. bottom line... let her choose and she'll probably surprise you, but that is a good thing when they get excited about a gun

11. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

That is not such a hot idea :shock: . The grip panels have a spring set into them to hold the Magazine detent in place.

12. Strangerous

Strangerous Member