Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my .380 to the indoor range at BPS ... and considering this is my first gun and the first handgun I've ever fired (I think the last time I fired a gun was about 15 years ago, and it was a .22 rifle) ...

I am impressed with this firearm. I ran about 75 rounds through it flawlessly. I was really surprised with how it handled. I was able to get one shot in the "red zone" on a target from about 10 yards.

A real good time. I still think I may see if I can sell/trade it for a C9, just because the ammo seems to be a little more available and a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Glad to here all went well, I have considered getting one my self but the ammo a bit high compared tp 9mm, thats why I dont take the Colt 380 out much.(my father left it to my son when he passed away)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know why the .380 is so much more expensive than the 9mm? It's almost as much as my .40 short&wimpy

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I read somewhere that .380 Auto is THE most popular caliber ever created. I'm gonna have to look for that again. I love .380. I have had several over the years. I will always have one. MY Father in law has a sweet French made WWII Browning Hi-Power in .380 and it is a thing of beauty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read somewhere that .380 Auto is THE most popular caliber ever created. I'm gonna have to look for that again. I love .380. I have had several over the years. I will always have one. MY Father in law has a sweet French made WWII Browning Hi-Power in .380 and it is a thing of beauty.
.38 Spl is the most popular caliber among LE and now that has changed to .40SW

·
514 Posts
.38 Spl is the most popular caliber among LE and now that has changed to .40SW
This is only kind of a true statement. Worldwide, .380 is more popular with civilians. This is because many countries will not allow their citizens to own "military calibers". However, as you noted, .380 has been a military caliber off and on.

.380 is expensive in the US because citizens have the right to own military calibers. Therefore, since our military uses 9mm it is substantially more cost effective for companies to pump out large quantitites of 9mm rather than .380.

Personally, I love my cf380. I have it and a 995 and find I can get .380 ammo for only $0.50 - $1.00 more a box (usually Blazer, Independance, or Wolf). If you look hard enough, you can sometimes find imported ammo that is cheaper and works ok. It just tends to be dirty.

Cheers,
Kyu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.