Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you reload the 380 with 125gr cast RN bullets? Or is that too heavy for the 380?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I was just wondering if I could use the same bullets for 9mm and 380, I guess not.

G

·
Handloads.com has 380 loads to 125g. I have never tried them myself.

On a similar note, I have made 9mm luger rounds using 158 LRNFP 38 special bullets in my HP carbine. You don't need much powder in these and they do work.

G

·
Tooguns:
I didn't mean to give you any obtuse definition about bullets. Sometimes the best bullet isn't the only bullet that works for a given caliber.

I mentioned that i used 158gr 357 bullets in my 9mm carbine. The slight oversize doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Perhaps I used an abbreviation that you were not familiar with. Lead Round Nose Flat Point was the shape and material of the bullets used.

380 is a challenging round to reload the exact amount of powder is difficult to manage. A tenth of grain at 2-3 grains load is a fair variation. In a 7-12 grain powder load is not nearly as much variation.

Still with the price of 380 ammo it is worth reloading. Save your brass.
Jokey
Ever use 125gr.TLTC in a .357? Thay work also.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Before loading anything heavier than 100gr in .380acp you need to make sure your gun can 1) handle the pressure of the load and 2) function properly with the longer load.

Many people have to seat the heavier bullets deeper into the case to get them to feed properly, when doing this you are increasing the pressure of the load. If you are using a Bersa Thunder, FEG PA-63 or any other aluminum frame pistol do not load anything heavier than 103gr bullets, otherwise you will over stress the frames or perhaps launch the slide into your face due to catastrophic frame/slide failure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.