380apc and 9mm magazine inter change

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Gnaese, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Gnaese

Gnaese Member

I was cleaning my wife's HP 380 and my 9mm and noticed that I accidentally put my wife's 380 magazine into my 9mm and it seated fine. It wasn't until I went to load my 9mm did I notice the difference in she'll length since she has 2 mags and I only have one. I removed the 380 mag from the 9 and closely at the 2 mags and the only thing I noticed that was different was that the 380 mag had tighter curl on the reward part of the mag holding the shells lower in the mag. The question is in a pinch could a person use a HP 380 mag in a HP 9mm and vice versa if you straightened the reward curved portion just a tad just like what I did to the front tangs to help stop stove piping and FTF issues.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yes. If they are broken in, you don't need to change anything.

Remember, the .380 is also the 9 mm Browning, 9 mm Corto, 9 mm Kurz...and a few other names...but it's still just a shorter 9 mm.;)

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

They are the same magazine. No difference.

4. Gnaese

Gnaese Member

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. It will be easier to get a spare mag now as our local dealers that carry HP parts always have the 10 round 380 but they are always out of the 9mm. Making me smile guys!

5. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Yeah, just like ajole said. 9mm Luger = 9x19mm & .380 ACP = 9x17mm. The only difference in dimensions in the .380 has a case length that is 2mm shorter than the 9mm Parabellum.

6. You may find better availability buying your magazines directly from Hi-Point - and they may be less expensive as well.