3895?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by johnnyBgood, Jan 20, 2015.

1. johnnyBgood

johnnyBgood Member

I saw some pictures from this years Shot show and came across something interesting. A 3895, is this a 380 carbine? It wasn't a full view so it was hard to see. Does anyone else have any info on this? Picture down below ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1421776435.661088.jpg

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I was just coming to post that pic :D

Haven't heard any official announcements, but it certainly looks like a .380 carbine

3. tone

tone Member

I saw it too. Kinda dumb really. Only practical use I can see for it is if the 9mm kicks too hard for someone.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Or if someone already owns a .380, and doesn't want to buy 9mm ammo also?......

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    9mm would never kick too hard for enough people in a carbine to justify creating a .380 version. All that version would do is create one more variant to increase overall production costs. If adding a .22lr would be too much of a burden on the cost model, then adding a .380 carbine would certainly do that; and there would be more demand for the .we than for the .380.

That "380" on the side of the carbine looks photo-shopped, by the way.

6. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I don't see a trigger on the carbine in the photo. Could it be possible that new technology operates the firing mechanism by being voice activated? Just aim the carbine and say the command, "Bang," and the carbine fires.:D

7. I would he excited. As someone who already owns 2 .380's and no 9mm. And plan to reload. It would be cool.

Also .380 is huge in Mexico and other south American countries. So they may be planning some expansion in those .

And finally production costs would almost not change at all. Only difference between it and the 9mm would be the chamber reaming of the 9mm barrell

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    #1 it's an empty shell,
    #2 it IS photo-chopped (ask an expert ;))
    #3 Johnny, you should be ASHAMED!

That pic is not even found anywhere else on the 'web...
    Bad Johnny, BAD!!! No treat for you! :D

Attached Files:

9. bluharley

bluharley Member

I have a .380, I'd go buy a 9mm pistol and then the 995ts before I'd buy a .380 carbine. Useless, unless you're doing some expensive varmint shooting. And even a non-expert can see the photoshop!

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The colors look interesting.

Not ANYTHING like how HP creates their camo looks, but cool nonetheless.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It says "3895" not "38095." It's obviously a .38 Special carbine!

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. undeRGRound

INDY

So what you are saying is we can expect a 38 spc/ 357 Mag handgun? :D

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No. They've expanded into Lever Action Carbines. You just can't see the lever or the magazine tube in that picture. They're on the right side. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. tallbump

Sure it is https://www.facebook.com/HiPointFirearms/photos/pcb.761056553949319/761056540615987/?type=1&theater

That is a copy of the URL from my browser's window, then pasted into here using the "insert link" feature.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...=e0dd643f2b19bf85e067e1ed4f7e732e&oe=55220465

That is from right clinking and choosing copy image location using Firefox.

And here's a screenshot, just becuase :D

[​IMG]

Sorry, I'm a bit testy today. Have had a very irritating day at work :mad:

15. I just texted my LGS and they told me they will take a look when the pass by the Hi-Point booth.

16. undeRGRound

INDY
    You're better than g00gle then!
    Thanks 'Bump. It just means Johnny is off the hook ;)
    It's still an obvious photo-chop:mad:

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    Same pixelation on the 3895 on the stock.
    And since when does HP use a sticker instead of a roll mark?

It is to generate interest, and even on their FB page, there seems to be little interest in such an animal. HP is spoofing their own product line? Maybe? It's obviously not a complete carbine. Publicity stunt, and like one FB poster said, they should have used that energy wasted on a 3895 to make higher capacity mags :D

18. tallbump

There will definitely be a market for it. Heck, Macho probably already has his order in.

Is it what I would have wanted them to make? Nope. Bot some folks will buy it.

Heck, Glock made that model 42 which was absolutely unnecessary, but folks are buying it. :D

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    I'LL PROLLY Even Buy one, and a 380 to match, but... It's not my first choice of what they should be building. Increased market share? Likely not. Easy to pull off and minimal cash outlay? YES! Lots of profit? Maybe...

20. Okay guys. My LGS just was at the Hi-Point booth and confirmed the .380 carbine. Should be available in the mid March timeframe... Same price point as the 9mm.

Paging Melvin... Hi-Point got sumthing coming you're going to want to buy!