Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I happened to stumble on the file for the Lopoint by Freeman1337. I wondered if there was anything worth adding, but came up with this Abomination. I will do a test print and see if the design needs a tweak, but I thought it might be worth sharing.

Drive: Lopoint Chunkerton.stl
Rectangle Font Electric blue Engineering Automotive exterior

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know much about ghost gun laws, but I'd wait and see what happens to guns already made. Do they only last a week, then a flying slide knocks your teeth off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they can last well beyond a week if you don't beat the heck out of it. It all depends on the filament.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
If you've got one of those sintered powdered metal printers, that might be awesome. Otherwise... there's a few filaments that may be of use that's not stupid brittle.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
I was thinking of Polycarbonate filament as that is quite strong
Seems yes it is very strong.. used for safety goggles and the like. However plain Polycarbonate has BPA in it and absorbs water.. and requires an enclosure and heated print bed and some other things? There apparently is a BPA-free Polycarbonate filament out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As of now, I will be getting some OD green PLA+. Nothing too fancy but still strong enough to not break after the first shot.

·
Super Moderator
28,606 Posts
I don't know much about ghost gun laws,
You mean "home built guns?" That's been legal since the founding and continues to be. "Ghost Guns" is just another in the long line of NLP Propaganda terms that the gun prohibitionists have come up with to scare the uninformed; just like "Saturday Night Special," "Junk Guns," and "Assault Weapon."

but I'd wait and see what happens to guns already made. Do they only last a week, then a flying slide knocks your teeth off?
For enthusiasts, trying to develop the most robust and reliable design is part of the fun. They're hobbyists, not entirely unlike the car guys who are always building their next car, rebuilding the engine to change the compression, or dropping the transmission to try a new gear ratio. Most of us just buy a car and take it to a mechanic and many worry about if they have the skills to change their own brakes, just like most gun owners typically just buy commercially made guns and if there's a serious problem will send it back to the manufacturer or take it to a smith.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
27 Posts
You mean "home built guns?" That's been legal since the founding and continues to be. "Ghost Guns" is just another in the long line of NLP Propaganda terms that the gun prohibitionists have come up with to scare the uninformed; just like "Saturday Night Special," "Junk Guns," and "Assault Weapon."

For enthusiasts, trying to develop the most robust and reliable design is part of the fun. They're hobbyists, not entirely unlike the car guys who are always building their next car, rebuilding the engine to change the compression, or dropping the transmission to try a new gear ratio. Most of us just buy a car and take it to a mechanic and many worry about if they have the skills to change their own brakes, just like most gun owners typically just buy commercially made guns and if there's a serious problem will send it back to the manufacturer or take it to a smith.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I get inundated by "ban this, ban that" articles, I'm happy to hear they're not illegal.
And for mentioning cars, you got me researching 3D printing, :LOL:. "Friends don't let friends drive stock" (y)

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Did you know its not illegal to possess radioactive materials, nor is it illegal to build a nuclear reactor or similar? ;) :p now its all about intent.
Its also not illegal for a mere civilian to simply own a surplus warplane... just they gotta be rich enough, and depending on how many licenses and certificates they hold, particularly ATF and FAA licenses (NFA and explosive handling and a few others? ).. it could be armed or capable of being armed. (Those F-18s from Australia bought by a private company in Florida for contract force-on force training)

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Did you know its not illegal to possess radioactive materials, nor is it illegal to build a nuclear reactor or similar? ;) :p now its all about intent.
Its also not illegal for a mere civilian to simply own a surplus warplane... just they gotta be rich enough, and depending on how many licenses and certificates they hold, particularly ATF and FAA licenses (NFA and explosive handling and a few others? ).. it could be armed or capable of being armed. (Those F-18s from Australia bought by a private company in Florida for contract force-on force training)
Certain uranium and thorium compounds don't even require a license and can be sold to anybody. 3lbs is the max? Or I may be thinking of how much a school can have at one time...

·
Super Moderator
28,606 Posts
Certain uranium and thorium compounds don't even require a license and can be sold to anybody. 3lbs is the max? Or I may be thinking of how much a school can have at one time...
I have a friend who specializes in cleanup of medical and educational sites that have been contaminated by their radiologicals through accident or mishandling. Apparently she can tell some stories though she never told me any of them.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: CamoDeafie
1 - 13 of 13 Posts