4 1/2 gun range/reload report

Discussion in 'Reloading Room' started by GoesBang, Mar 23, 2016.

1. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

#1 RIA M1911A1 45 ACP - 230 grain Berry's plated round nose. TiteGroup, Bullseye and CFE Pistol. 100+ rounds.

Every round chambered and fired with zero FTE. The big surprise is CFE Pistol. Much different "report" on ignition.

#2 Ruger P95PR 9mm - 124 RNFP XTreme and Speer Gold Dot bullets. Bullseye and TiteGroup. Less than 30 rounds.

Limited firing due to a stuck case in the chamber. Would not extract until I got it home.

Shot great until then.

#3 Keltec P40 40 S&W - 155 gr RNFP XTreme and HC LSWC. TiteGroup and Bullseye. Approximately 50 rounds.

No mechanical failures. No FTF or FTE.

Little gun is not super enjoyable to shoot.

#4 Keltec P11 9mm - same ammunition as the Ruger. Less than 20 rounds.

My first squib. I know exactly how and when I let it get into the bulk ammunition tub.

Easily removed when I got home.

#5 SCCY CPX-2 9mm - same ammunition as the Ruger. 150 to 200 rounds.

My 15-yr old granddaughter shot it most of the day. She's only been shooting one other time. Various feed issues possibly due to limpwristing. No FTE. Too many apparent light strikes. I suspected a possible broken firing pin at the end of the session.

Firing pin was not broken, but I replaced it anyway.

Repairs and lots of cleaning. Good to go now for the next outing.

[​IMG]

Ashley shooting the Rock with extended magazine. She really likes it.

[​IMG]

Last year during her maiden voyage into shooting. Not my M&P 15/22. Me loading the Henry Golden Boy in the background. Shortly after this picture I attempted my first offhand shot with the Henry. 25 yards into the berm at a piece of busted clay pigeon. Direct hit!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the smell of Hoppe's #9?

2. GoesBang

Me with my Rock.

[​IMG]

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

I noticed the same thing with CFE Pistol. Different sound, different feel, even a different smell. Shoots well, though.
    Nothing like a day out with the daughter. All of mine still take Dad to the range when they come home. Good times.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Way to go, grand-dad!
    (thanks Undie)

Have you prepared the "I'll be here cleaning my gun 'til you get home" thing for when the boys start showing up?:p

5. GoesBang

I have been told that a few refuse to come to the house because they are afraid of the contents within.

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Cool Stuff! :D
    "P40 is not that enjoyable to shoot" :rofl:
    I'd imagine, 40 S&W on a compact 9mm frame! :eek:

PS: He said granddaughter, guys :p

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Cool beans. :)

Looks like she naturally prefers a "Boxers" foot position. Many do. If I may suggest, have you tried teaching her the Weaver grip position for this stance? It "fits" better than trying to use an Isosceles arm/grip position as it looks like she's doing from this pic. It'll make shooting more comfortable and really helps reduce limp-wrist failures because it forces the dominant wrist to lock. It's a subtlety that had escaped me until recent training pointed it out. Kinda a face-palm "Of course <sigh>" moment for me.

Anyway, it's pretty cool that you got her on the range. :D

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. GoesBang

It was enough to get her to thumbs forward instead of cup & saucer.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I hear ya brutha! :)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)