Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought mine a few weeks ago and today, took it out to my woods range to check the accuracy. Well, I must say I am impressed! Chose 7 yards as that is a reasonable personal protection distance and a paper picnic plate taped to my backboard. Result: 5 rounds of custom JHP and 5 rounds of Remington JHP....all 10 in a 2-1/4" group. I did not adjust the factory setting on the sights and shot two-handed, off-hand. Now I do a lot of Cowboy Action Shooting, all with single action revolvers in 32, 38 & 45 caliber, so this 40 was new to me.

I am impressed and anytime anyone talks about HP accuracy, I can show them proof of a $150 gun that will shoot with and probably out-shoot their $500 gun, and with little felt recoil. Can's say that about my 1911. Recoil is actually a tad less than my wife's Taurus ultra-lite snub nose 38.

I think I may just start collecting every caliber in both pistol and carbine. These guns are really amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yep and it only gets better I purchased my JHP as a kinda filler gun till I could afford a replacement for my 1911 that was stolen, much to my suprise it was more accurate than my 1911 out of the box and it cost me about a quarter of what I had sank into that 1911

Welcome to the sickness these things are the most expensive cheap guns in the world they are way to fun to shoot and ammo is only going up, sounds like you are a reloader so you might be OK

Getcha 4095 ( if you can find one) you poor JCP is lonely

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.