Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jcp .40 has maybe 500 rounds through it and is CLEAN! When the slide cycles it seems to throw a round almost vertical jamming against the top of the slide. Whats this from. Im not limp wristing. I dont know if its the ramp or the mag. WHAT DO I DO? Help please

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had a problem with my C9 pistol jamming with winchester rounds. So I contacted HI-POINT directrly and was told don't use Winchester...American Eagle...wolf ammmuntion. It will jam our Firearms.Hope this helps. I am buying a 40 cal carbine next week....do you like yours?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

-->Go Here and read. My compilation of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes.<--

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
My C9 was having the same problem. I couldn't figure it out. Hi Point took it back and buffed out the ramp. I don't know the real name but it is the piece that puts the shell into the chamber. Mine had a small burr on it. Also, I recommend not putting lubrication on that part, just the recoil parts. Mine is working GREAT now.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
My first guess would be the feed lips on the magazine. I'll assume you don't have another mag to compare them too. I had a similar issue with my C9, I had one mag that would feed nose up. I measured them both with calipers and there was a suprising amount of difference between the two, especially the front lips. The 8rd that came with it was fine but one of the 10rd mags from HP was to narrow. I highly recommend if you have the means and ability to polish the feed ramp as well. Once I had mine adjusted each round snapped into chamber. If you are not comfortable disassembling by all means contact HP customer service, but follow Broomheads link to a lot of valuable information.

Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a problem with my C9 pistol jamming with winchester rounds. So I contacted HI-POINT directrly and was told don't use Winchester...American Eagle...wolf ammmuntion. It will jam our Firearms.Hope this helps. I am buying a 40 cal carbine next week....do you like yours?
So have you found a brand that works well in your C9? Did HI-POINT not distinguish between different bullet styles from those three manufacturers?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I haven't had a problem in my new .40 pistol, but I have heard people online saying that any shiesty jam problem is caused by the mag lips or a burr on the feed ramp. Investigate those. If you don't want to, send it back! Lifetime warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have fired 100 more rounds down range after the initial problem. I fired the American Eagle 185gr. I only had maybe 7 rounds nose up jam. I ordered 2 new mags from Hi-point to see if they compare to the one i received with the gun. Thank you everyone for your help. BUT DO NOT put oil on your feed ramp. Once I got it all cleaned off and free of any oil it did not jam near as many times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.