Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i went to the local shop to window shop. they had a hipoint .40 in. after they handed it to me i pulled back the slide and it locked into place. after that we could not get it to go back. the clip was in( no ammo) but the slide would not go back forward untill we removed the empty clip. is it suppose to do this? can some one explain why to me. thanks

dale

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep...that's normal. I had the same "problem" when i got my C-9. Took me a little bit to figure it out. Glad i found this forum....great place for information!

·
Registered
78 Posts
My new C9 is the same way...slide wont close without the mag backed out a bit. I figure that is the way it was designed. Had me thinking it was a problem till I figured out the key to releasing the slide by partially removing the mag.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
"Last round hold open". You want an empty mag to cause the slide to lock back just like it would after firing the last round in the mag.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not only is that normal for Hi-Point, it's normal for almost every semi-auto made in the last 50 years. I'm surprised your local shop didn't know this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts