.40 S&W, and .45 ACP question

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by straight shooter, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Both of these pistols look like cordless drills. What's up with their funky looking clips? :shock:

2. I think the idea was, that if you eject the mag, it would not be damaged if it hit concrete.. I think it also allows an extra round in the magazine.

3. 1motion

1motion Guest

call it funky but its functional... protects the mags when you drop them and they allow a better hold on the mag for precise and easy insertion

look at the new HK45 .... it uses the same type of design

4. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

its part of the look. but yeah, the large extension on the bottom is if you drop the mag and it hits the ground.

5. Oh yeh! Both will 'drill' lots of stuff.

6. "Home Imporevement, LOL"

7. hpman

hpman Guest

Hmmmm.......cordless drill. If I could match up the caliber bullets to drill bit sizes, I could start using my hipoints do drill holes instead of my drill. Now that could add some excitement to weekend projects around the house.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

You say that... but at the range a while back we had to put up some new target boards. Only drill I had was my 9mm :wink: Four nice clean holes to attach the board to the up rights.

9. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

Those plastic bottoms break as I have destroyed more then a few at matches.

10. unscarred

unscarred Member

How do they break? I've seen them dropped and even ran over, the mag has bent, but I've never seen the bottom break.

11. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

wow glockman.. ive never busted any of mine...

you know youre not supposed to drop them in the running garbage disposal.. right?

12. jamephipp

jamephipp Guest

hpman
    Marksman

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm.......cordless drill. If I could match up the caliber bullets to drill bit sizes, I could start using my hipoints do drill holes instead of my drill. Now that could add some excitement to weekend projects around the house.