Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big problem with buying a gun is: you need to buy something to carry it around with. On and on it goes.

First holster obviously a hip holster. Lot of weight on one side with the extra magazine in place. I find it uncomfortable wearing in vehicles. In CC states some kind of jacket is needed. Here in Florida it gets kinda warm in the summer.

After a few months I added a shoulder holster which I really like as it balances out the load by adding the two additional magazines opposite the gun side. In CC states some kind of jacket is needed. Did I mention here in Florida it gets kinda warm in the summer.

Recently someone mentioned an “appendix holster” the big advantage I see is the reduced gun/holster profile as it is tucked inside the pants. Seems to me you could wear an untucked shirt for CC.

I understand the 40 is not a CC gun. I didn’t buy it for CC. BUT

Is anyone using an appendix holster with the 40 ?
How comfortable is it for extended wear?

Lastly, I am lefthanded which really makes holster shopping fun.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Kinda likeable guy, concealed carried a JHP which is the same size.
Maybe some useful tips

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Gun belt AND suspenders! Go big or go home.

BTW...it looks like that gun is bigger than his skinny self is.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Gun belt AND suspenders! Go big or go home.

BTW...it looks like that gun is bigger than his skinny self is.
Don't be mean to skinny folk 'cause you're fluffy.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
I’m not fluffy. To be fluffy, you have to be Hispanic, or gay, it’s the rule. I’m niether, I’m just fat.

Reactions: satch001

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You're not an English teacher either....

NIETHER?!

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
Apparently, Apple thinks that’s the way to spell it. So...that’s it. The science is settled.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Apparently, Apple thinks that's the way to spell it. So...that's it. The science is settled.
Apfel you mean...

Reactions: ajole

·
Registered
16 Posts
The big problem with buying a gun is: you need to buy something to carry it around with. On and on it goes.

First holster obviously a hip holster. Lot of weight on one side with the extra magazine in place. I find it uncomfortable wearing in vehicles. In CC states some kind of jacket is needed. Here in Florida it gets kinda warm in the summer.

After a few months I added a shoulder holster which I really like as it balances out the load by adding the two additional magazines opposite the gun side. In CC states some kind of jacket is needed. Did I mention here in Florida it gets kinda warm in the summer.

Recently someone mentioned an "appendix holster" the big advantage I see is the reduced gun/holster profile as it is tucked inside the pants. Seems to me you could wear an untucked shirt for CC.

I understand the 40 is not a CC gun. I didn't buy it for CC. BUT

Is anyone using an appendix holster with the 40 ?
How comfortable is it for extended wear?

Lastly, I am lefthanded which really makes holster shopping fun.
Fobus makes a paddleback holster for it. I didn't buy it, but I own one very similar for my S&W SD series pistols. I have the obligatory box-o-holsters, but the Fobus is my go-to because its convenient. For my JCP, I bought a Gamo airsoft drop leg holster. If I ever carry the JCP, it will be as a SHTF combo with my carbine. I was actually going through my holsters this afternoon. I have a Uncle Mikes generic nylon hip holster, the kind with a mag holder on the front edge. Just for grins I tried it with the JCP. Its snug, but it worked. I could have adjusted the retention strap out to cover it if I had really wanted to. I have absolutely no problem concealing a SD40VE in that Fobus GL4. I usually wear an untucked fishing shirt. Its hot and humid AF here most of the time too. We can open carry in Texas, and I occasionally do. I bet I could conceal the JCP that way with minimal effort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fobus makes a paddleback holster for it. I didn't buy it, but I own one very similar for my S&W SD series pistols. I have the obligatory box-o-holsters, but the Fobus is my go-to because its convenient. For my JCP, I bought a Gamo airsoft drop leg holster. If I ever carry the JCP, it will be as a SHTF combo with my carbine. I was actually going through my holsters this afternoon. I have a Uncle Mikes generic nylon hip holster, the kind with a mag holder on the front edge. Just for grins I tried it with the JCP. Its snug, but it worked. I could have adjusted the retention strap out to cover it if I had really wanted to. I have absolutely no problem concealing a SD40VE in that Fobus GL4. I usually wear an untucked fishing shirt. Its hot and humid AF here most of the time too. We can open carry in Texas, and I occasionally do. I bet I could conceal the JCP that way with minimal effort.
I saw the Fobus when I was in Academy this morning. I remember seeing on the package that it not only fit the Hi Point, but also the Ruger American. Maybe anything the American fits, the JCP would also. I'm going to try putting mine in the paddleback that came with my fullsize SIG P320.

·
Administrator
24,945 Posts
I saw the Fobus when I was in Academy this morning. I remember seeing on the package that it not only fit the Hi Point, but also the Ruger American. Maybe anything the American fits, the JCP would also. I'm going to try putting mine in the paddleback that came with my fullsize SIG P320.
You can edit your posts, ya know. And I fixed that hanging quote you left.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts