Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used mag for my JCP40 & 4095 at a pawn shop. Today I took it to the range to try it out. Everytime I tried to chamber a round it would jam in both guns. The round would still be in the mag with the nose angled down. I took the ammo and put in my other mags and it fed flawlessly. Would that mean that I need to tighten the mag lips at the rear or what?

Thanks in advance,
David

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the JCP40 and 4095 about 1 year and never had a problem with them until I tried the mag I just bought. It was a used mag. I tried it both fully and partially loaded in both guns. It was like the rear was picking up and pushing the round into the front of the mag and jamming.

Thanks
David

G

·
Try loading the mag with 7 or 8 rounds and let it sit for two or three months. I had the same problem and it worked for me. The spring is to strong and it is making to much drag on the feed lips making the rounds nose dive. hope this helps.

KCTGB

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I have had it sitting with a full load to try and soften the spring some. I will not have a chance to get back to the range until next week. Hopefully that will take care of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something else you can try.

I just bought a green HP 40 and had the same problem with a new mag. What I did was at the front of the mag there is a plastic insert because of the shorter .40 bullet. I took a file and filed a little off the top (very little) and then filed an angle on the back of the plastic insert. Now even if the bullet is noes down and hits the back of the plastic insert, it does not get stuck!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. Sorry it took so long for me to get back but I have been without a computer for a while. Thanks again,
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts