Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4095TS with only the stock magazines and am looking into additional mags. I know ProMag has a 50 round drum mag for the .45 but I couldn't find anything on them carrying a similar thing for the .40?? I tried to contact them through their website and got no response...

Would anyone think there would be some way of modifying the .45 drum to work with the .40 rounds??

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
I have a 4095TS with only the stock magazines and am looking into additional mags. I know ProMag has a 50 round drum mag for the .45 but I couldn't find anything on them carrying a similar thing for the .40?? I tried to contact them through their website and got no response...

Would anyone think there would be some way of modifying the .45 drum to work with the .40 rounds??

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the nUtHouse!
#1 you can become the pioneer!
#2 We are talking about ProMag known for selling junk.
I have a bunch of 15rd ProMags for the 4095. They work pretty good if you load them right. I am waiting for the Redball Sports .40 mags, and waiting, and waiting............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the nUtHouse!
I have a bunch of 15rd ProMags for the 4095. They work pretty good if you load them right. I am waiting for the Redball Sports .40 mags, and waiting, and waiting............
Thanks for the reply! Well I guess i might be purchasing one and ripping it apart to find out then.

·
Banned
453 Posts
Welcome to the nUtHouse!
Have you ever tried those 15 round promags in the pistols? I actually like promags. Sometimes I have had to tweek them with stronger springs or different followers to get them the way I want but I have always had success. They are probably my favorite magazine manufacturer. Mecgar is obvioussly the best but they dont have a whole lot of variety. Promag is always coming up with something new and interesting. I detest the factory Hipoint mags.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
The 14rd .45 Promags work kn my JHP. I own a .40 pistol. Only shot it once, didn't have any Promags for it at the range.

·
Banned
453 Posts
The 14rd .45 Promags work kn my JHP. I own a .40 pistol. Only shot it once, didn't have any Promags for it at the range.
Thanks. I will give them a try. I use the promags in my C9s and Cf380. They have been great. The only thing I changed was on the CF380 I put spacers inside the mags and had to use different springs and followers so the rounds stop shifting all over the place. I never keep the LRHO feature on any of the C9/cf380s either.

The promag walther p38 magazines are excellent as well. I modify them for the early maverick/stallard/JF9 guns. Head and shoulders above the original factory mags. They angle of the base of the magazine does not line up with the angle on the stallard magwell (the rear portion is fine) But you can slightly bend the front of the base plate which then serves as a mag stop.

·
Banned
453 Posts
Yep. Cut a slot in the back so my the heel catch on my Stallard would work with it.
HaHa. Ya Know.... I have two of those I bought for exactly what you show in the picture. I have not got around to doing them yet. I cycled dummy rounds through them while holding the mag in place and it seemed to feed fine. I didnt make the gut for the mag catch. I was a little dissapointed at the amount of nose drop that was happening. My concern was it would tear up the soft zamak feed ramp and barrel switches on the old hipoints are a pain. Seems like the pin holes never completely line up just right.

Did you fire that configuration much? I expect the feed would be fine. curious if you noticed and strange wear on the feedramp. Single stack 9mm mags are a pain. It seems like once you go over 8 rounds the nose just starts diving to low for a lot of designs. The 9rd tokarev 9mm magazines for the zastava M70a suffer from this. The first round always has a hard chambering. After that they are smooth.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Back in the day I kept it safely stored at a buddy's camp in New Hampshire so I wouldn't run afoul of the magazine capacity laws in mAssachoo$hitz. My biggest problem was making certain the spring wouldn't get hung up on the cut-out; it took me a few tries to get it just right. Yeah, I fired it at my buddies campground, probably 500-600 rounds and it worked fine. Never noticed any issues with the feed ramp. I did it primarily for $hitz 'n giggles, and to see if it'd work. I'm kinda meh about pistols on a stick, if I wanted 15 rounds I'd pull out and shoot my Browning High Power.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Banned
453 Posts
Back in the day I kept it safely stored at a buddy's camp in New Hampshire so I wouldn't run afoul of the magazine capacity laws in mAssachoo$hitz. My biggest problem was making certain the spring wouldn't get hung up on the cut-out; it took me a few tries to get it just right. Yeah, I fired it at my buddies campground, probably 500-600 rounds and it worked fine. Never noticed any issues with the feed ramp. I did it primarily for $hitz 'n giggles, and to see if it'd work. I'm kinda meh about pistols on a stick, if I wanted 15 rounds I'd pull out and shoot my Browning High Power.
Its all good fun. On a single stack it seems kind of silly I agree. But its pretty nice to slap 30rd magazines into double stack pistols. Double the firepower with just a mag change. The double stack exteneded mags are A LOT easier to make reliable than the single stack. I do have a bunch of raven 15 rounders that have never malfunctions though so its doable. You played with those as well If my memory is correct.

Yes that rear cut is tricky for a heal release on an extended magazine. There is some really, really strong mounting tape available now. It basically becomes a permanent bond. I am thinking aluminum or steel flat stock and adding the ridge to the back for mag retention. I have done it to mag over insertion stops on magazines so I think it should hold. It not as messy as JB weld either.

The other thing that stalled me on this was the magcatch itself. That plastic always fails. I have a steel one somebody made on a junker I bought but its not quite right. I need to come up with my own. Lots of cutting, filing, shaping on a small part.... then I need multiples. I was kind of hoping someone else would do it now that everyone loves these old brick hi-points and offer them for sale.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
The other thing that stalled me on this was the magcatch itself. That plastic always fails. I have a steel one somebody made on a junker I bought but its not quite right. I need to come up with my own. Lots of cutting, filing, shaping on a small part.... then I need multiples. I was kind of hoping someone else would do it now that everyone loves these old brick hi-points and offer them for sale.
There's a need for a 3D printed gun part right here!

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Banned
453 Posts
There's a need for a 3D printed gun part right here!
Not sure it would hold up. I am not that up to date on advancment on 3d printing materials. my dealer has one (along with a laser engraver!) and they are awesome but everything small I have seen hime make has been kind of flimsy. Then again the factory OEM part is pretty flimsy.

I wish someone with a 3d printer would come up with some checkered plastic grips for the Hi-point pistols. They would have to be thicker but it would be a nice experiment.

Lots of ideas with those printers. Maybe some novak type fixed sights for the Hipoints. I thought about getting one but my kids would just break it in a day or so. They pretty much break everything. I am giving them boulders for Christmas.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
You know there is 3D metal printers..............all it takes is $

·
Banned
453 Posts
I remember seeing a 3d printed hipoint frame build a while back somewhere. I dont know whatever came out of all that.

I didnt know about the metal 3d printers. What is the metal like... zamak type strength?

I do follow tech stuff a little BTW... just not things like 3d printers and computer stuff. I read a lot about these new rocket packs people are building. A lot of gadget and electronic stuff doesnt interest me but things like rocket packs and electric longboards really get my juices flowing. 3d printers are definitly neat. I played around with one for a few minutes maybe 6 months ago. The laser engravers are pretty wild as well.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
I remember seeing a 3d printed hipoint frame build a while back somewhere. I dont know whatever came out of all that.

I didnt know about the metal 3d printers. What is the metal like... zamak type strength?

I do follow tech stuff a little BTW... just not things like 3d printers and computer stuff. I read a lot about these new rocket packs people are building. A lot of gadget and electronic stuff doesnt interest me but things like rocket packs and electric longboards really get my juices flowing. 3d printers are definitly neat. I played around with one for a few minutes maybe 6 months ago. The laser engravers are pretty wild as well.
I know that some 3D metal printing is actually welding, so that would be mighty strong!!

·
Banned
453 Posts
I know that some 3D metal printing is actually welding, so that would be mighty strong!!
Tell you what .... I will start pricing out metal 3d printers after I get or build a rocketpack. I have been dreaming about those since I was a child. Electric longboard will probably happen first if I get the quirks figured out on them. They have some issues I dont quite understand yet.

If the rocket packs get into the sub $10,000 range I will get the money some how. Pimp my wife out or something HaHa!

Just kidding. I got a good one!

Sure would be nice being able to 3d print a part instead of cutting and fileing bar stock for hours.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Look at the prices that C9 parts kits are going for these days. There's got to be a passel of Lo-Point 9s in the wild.

·
Banned
453 Posts
Look at the prices that C9 parts kits are going for these days. There's got to be a passel of Lo-Point 9s in the wild.
Yeah.... sigma 9mm kits have gone way up as well. I think they are modding them for glock 80 frames. I dont know what to think about it to be honest. Could be good.... could be bad....could be both. It really just depends which way this country goes in the next few years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts