Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 40S&W shoots perfectly so far, no FTF or FTE. Ive seen a lot of videos and read a lot about modifications, is there a need to do these and are there any benefits> IE, polish feed ramp, slide, and so on?

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
medic8069p said:
MY 40S&W shoots perfectly so far, no FTF or FTE. Ive seen a lot of videos and read a lot about modifications, is there a need to do these and are there any benefits> IE, polish feed ramp, slide, and so on?
2 questions 2 answers.
Is there a need? Obviously no, you answered that one yourself
Is there benefits? Polishing slide and trigger components may give u a smoother running gun but the feed ramps usually for feeding problems which you dont seem to have. So sure u can try an make it better. I for one think if it's already reliable why bother. My jcp out of the box was not, mods were necessary in my case.

·
Premium Supporter
1,485 Posts
No mods needed at all. If it cycles well don't do a thing to it. (That's my JCP's life story in a nutshell.)

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
Same here, didn't do a thing besides pre-loading the mags for a few weeks

·
Registered
624 Posts
I never even preloaded the mag and other than my first few reloads have had to problems with JHP 45. Haven't even taken it apart yet and it has 900 rounds through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts