.400 corbon

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 1motion, Jan 24, 2008.

1. 1motion

1motion Guest

so i am wondering how many other people with are interested in the .400 corbon. im a big fan of the 10mm and the .400 is suppose to have similar ballistics.

for those that dont know the .400 corbon is like a .357sig on steriods, its a .45 casing necked down to a .40 bullet.

i would love to have an aftermarket barrel made to drop in the .45 but finding someone to make a .400 barrel for a hi point might not be to easy maybe it would be easier to have a .40s&w barrel & chamber reworked?

so is anyone else a fan? and what are some opinions on how to make it work.

bushman where are you....

2. griff30

griff30 Member

If the 4595 and the 4095 are similar you could essentially interchange the barrels. Thus use the 4095 barrel in the 4595 and use the ammo.

3. A.C.P.

A.C.P. Member

Actually the .400 is a very powerful cartridge/round. It has velocities and energy comparable to a .357 and or 10mm. Ammo is hard to find and Very expensive. I have been reloading and shooting it for about 7 or 8 years now. I use the 1911 platform with the drop in bbl and use heaver recoil spring with recoil buffer. Its a handful. Has been quite accurate for me i have the olympic national match bbl. Little fussy on mags tho. As far as reloading and observing primer dents just a little fluxuation on .0x grains will alter the pressures quite a bit. I know they make drop in bbls for polymer frame guns, but i am not ready for that, ill keep it all steel for now. I am impressed with that large white flame from the end of the bbl and quite often other guys at the range say whats Dave shooting Now. LOL

4. 1motion

1motion Guest

a handful is what im lookin for.... i agree i would have to start reloading for it to be practical, i would have to get a corbon credit card or something haha

5. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

depending on how you load it the .400CB in top end loadings can outclass a 10mm. that said, you can bury lots of money into a .400 and not have alot to show for it vs a 10mm. 10mm is usually readily available brass, ammo, components etc. .400CB isnt that way. I looked at both years ago and chose the 10mm. it took me a couple years to find what i wanted but iended up with 10mm over .400

SW

6. griff30

griff30 Member

For the expence I would rather go 50AE

7. A.C.P.

A.C.P. Member

For myself a 125.00 drop in Bbl. was a lot cheaper than a different gun. Even tho i dedicate it to one of my 1911's it will work on any of them. So it was just a matter of reloading dies and components. I have had a lot of fun with that caliber and would use it for hunting Deer, if i was still a hunter.

8. 1motion

1motion Guest

im a 10mm fan too i just like odd rounds

9. I would like to check a 10mm weapon out, never have seen one.

10. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

10mm is a kinda esoteric round for most people. Few guns are chambered in it, and ammo is not exactly common. I hunted for two years to find a G20. recoil is stiff to say the least, especially with full power rounds. Its not a very forgiving caliber when it comes to reloading as its up near to the top of SAMMI specs for pressure with mild loads and right at max with full power rounds. That said its one of the most high-powered round you can get in an automatic pistol. yes theres .50AE, .41 automag, etc etc but there isnt a store within 250 miles that carries ammo in those calibers. I can find 10mm within an hour or so of home in several diffrent directions.

If i get chance ill shoot some video shooting mine and post it if i can find a hosting site for large videos.

SW